5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daystar 2.5” level (anyone have this kit installed)

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
Wanted to reach out to forum members and see if any others hear feel that the daystar 2.5” level kit did the trick for them? Mine seems to have only gained me just shy of 2” of lift after install? Kind of disappointed in that factor alone...the ride and quality of product is good otherwise.

First pic before, second is spacer image, third is after. Sorry for poor phone pics in advance.

Attachments

• 3EDB69C7-77B4-4FA8-9C4A-EBDEE5BC3A6B.jpeg
    3EDB69C7-77B4-4FA8-9C4A-EBDEE5BC3A6B.jpeg
    209.9 KB · Views: 79
  • 8AFBFBC9-D1CE-45A5-B57F-D2B53D7F3C43.jpeg
    8AFBFBC9-D1CE-45A5-B57F-D2B53D7F3C43.jpeg
    110.3 KB · Views: 80
  • 211E718E-940A-4831-BADF-C32914A5986F.jpeg
    211E718E-940A-4831-BADF-C32914A5986F.jpeg
    152.1 KB · Views: 79
R

Rob5589

I suppose it is possible to compress that type of spacer some. Curious as to why you chose a plastic spacer over aluminum or steel.

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
I suppose it is possible to compress that type of spacer some. Curious as to why you chose a plastic spacer over aluminum or steel.

I am 99.9% sure it's not compressed, there have been many long term tests on these, but I chose the poly version as I have used it on previous ford trucks with great success and no noise/metal on metal sounds etc. But I think they must have mis-judged the difference on the new trucks and what was a 2.5 lift on 4th gen is only 2 or so on 5th gen.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have a question please. The front spacer at this amount of lift I’m ok with but I still want to lift the back some to maintain the same amount of rake or slightly less. I can’t find anyone here has posted if they raised the rear a little and how. Please and thx

Ram_Feste

Reaction score
I have a question please. The front spacer at this amount of lift I’m ok with but I still want to lift the back some to maintain the same amount of rake or slightly less. I can’t find anyone here has posted if they raised the rear a little and how. Please and thx

There are many rear options to lift as well, it's just a coil spring spacer for the back, you just jack up the truck, remove some bolts and extend the spring enough to remove it, then replace the stock spacer with a larger/taller one. I would say you might be better off just getting a 2" level lift for front and then you will maintain the rake instead of having to raise the rear.

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There are many rear options to lift as well, it's just a coil spring spacer for the back, you just jack up the truck, remove some bolts and extend the spring enough to remove it, then replace the stock spacer with a larger/taller one. I would say you might be better off just getting a 2" level lift for front and then you will maintain the rake instead of having to raise the rear.
Thank you for the info. However I want to raise the rear as well get as much ground clearance I can without going crazy

Users who are viewing this thread