5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dashboard cover.

Reaction score
Hey all, hope all are doing well.

Been a while since I have gotten time to come on here. I live in Florida a was thinking of getting a dashboard cover. My truck has the level 2 equipment group with the big Alpine speaker in the middle. Does anyone have any recommendations? Thanks.

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
I've been using the Husky Custom Fit Sun Shade but sometimes I, or the wife, forget to put it in. I've got the Coverking Molded Carpet Dash Cover on order, but haven't received it yet.

Reaction score
My wife drives the truck 90% of the time. When she is at work she does use a sun shade. The dash cover is just added protection for times when out and about, and we forget to put the shade up or, just going to the store or something. I had the windshield tinted already with what they call the blue tint, it helps also. Maybe, being a little lazy, but it's nice knowing you have the dash blocked. Plus I think the wife just wants one.

grimreefer, I don't think I want one that is carpet but who knows. Let me know how you like yours please.

Thanks

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
I wish I would've snapped a pic before I left Florida to go back to work, but got the cover in and it fits really well. It fits well enough that I didn't use the velcro to attach it, although I might down the road. The only thing I don't like is the gray I ordered is lighter than I thought it would be. If I had to do it again I'd get a darker color.

Code2medic

Reaction score
We've had the ceramic film on our previous car and truck windshields. Wife doesn't want anything on this one because she didn't like the night driving prism effects.
If you were getting a prism effect then who ever put it on did it wrong or wasn’t using quality tint. Should be like looking thru a good pair of sub glasses

Xpel prime Xr a bit pricey but you won’t have that issue. The hood ceramic tint when you get your receipt with has the serial numbers off the rolls your tint came off of

Shouldn’t even notice it on the windshield as it’s clear. I just had my truck done as I do with all my cars front d and P 15 percent and the backs with 50 percent all nice and clearly and you can still see at night. No rainbow effects what do ever

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Reaction score
Different pros installed different film, both very reputable. I remember our Titan's was LLumar and I think her Maxima's was Solar Gard. She swore that oncoming headlights at night "prismed" and she didn't like it. The only thing I ever noticed occasionally was a small rainbow effect only when I wore my polarized sunglasses. Regardless... happy wife, happy life. Dash cover and sunshade it is.

And I have to say, the sun shade keeps the cab cooler way better than the films ever did. *Husky custom fit shade. Not the cheap foil ones.

Last edited:

Code2medic

Reaction score
Different pros installed different film, both very reputable. I remember our Titan's was LLumar and I think her Maxima's was Solar Gard. She swore that oncoming headlights at night "prismed" and she didn't like it. The only thing I ever noticed occasionally was a small rainbow effect only when I wore my polarized sunglasses. Regardless... happy wife, happy life. Dash cover and sunshade it is.

And I have to say, the sun shade keeps the cab cooler way better than the films ever did.
To each is their own. I disagree on the sun shades just from a former job where we would use them on all windows to prevent being seen and it was cooler but no where near as cool as with the ceramic.

I’m a rebel I’m not a one sided believer in happy wife happy life it’s a two way street not a one way street in her favor. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread