5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DASH CAM FUNCTION

Lettika

Reaction score
I was just doing some comparison shopping for a dash cam system for mine that is being built. It occurred to me that this vehicle has four cameras in its stock configuration and a computer for a dash board. Does anyone know if the UConnect system has front and rear dash cam functionality?

Jstadick

Reaction score
That would be cool, but I dont believe it does. :confused: Would be nice to open the UConnect system up to 3rd party apps and systems.

Lettika

Reaction score
Doesn't it seem crazy to have all of the parts and pieces there but not give the truck the functionality and security of a basic dash cam. I don't believe as well thought out as this truck seems to be this was an oversight. I'll be going through the manual tonight to see if I can find anything on it. I just figured there are so many out there in use someone would know and could comment on it.

Last edited:

YoAdrian

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So this is kind of on topic, regarding jerkying around with video in uconnect... has anyone ever patched in video from a trailer backup camera into the uconnect backup video feed? Seems if you could interrupt the tailgate camera video with a video switch you could toggle it between normal when not towing, and aux/wireless when towing.

I’m off to see the google...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I was just doing some comparison shopping for a dash cam system for mine that is being built. It occurred to me that this vehicle has four cameras in its stock configuration and a computer for a dash board. Does anyone know if the UConnect system has front and rear dash cam functionality?
This question makes me wonder what would be involved in simply patching in to the grille camera video feed and recording...

rgalvantx

Reaction score
Hello, i'm a new RAM owner, 2021 Night Edition - would you mind sharing what dash cam solution you are using? I agree it would be so great to allow recording of the existing cameras but I haven't found any solution like that. Thanks in advance.

LamboMitch

Reaction score
I just use the blackview dash cameras. been selling them for a while and have them in all my cars etc. work great. you can get a 4k front camera and i have the rear camera option that is stuck to the back glass. pretty happy with it over all

Users who are viewing this thread