5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Hitch Engineering 101

NDanecker

Reaction score
Safety first - didn't forget the clevis pin to ensure latch doesn't opens during travel.

Last edited:

raven_DT

Reaction score
Obviously this is a fail, how can you open the hatch to get to the cargo area??? :cool:

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Never seen bumper with license plate mount-recess offset to the side.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Rhombus

Reaction score
You see folks heading south on I-35 all the time. One vehicle pull at lease one other. I’ve seen rear valances pulled off and things welded in place, none of which looked safe at all. I pass these guys s soon as I can when I see them.

jerryw1000

Reaction score
You see folks heading south on I-35 all the time. One vehicle pull at lease one other.

Passed a convoy of these southbound in Denver. Anything that had cargo space was filled with old washer/dryers and bicycles. I pulled off in a rest area south of Denver in my motorhome & towed car and a few minutes later that convoy pulled in and filled up all the 18 wheeler spaces. They jumped out and went to wrenching on some of the vehicles. I got out to watch them afraid they would steal the tires off of my towed car. Several 18 wheelers came through but had no parking. I heard them complaining on the CB about al the cars in the truck parking. A few minutes later a state trooper pulled in. They all jumped in their vehicles and took off. One tow vehicle would not start. The driver jumped out and ran back to the vehicle he was towing. He started it and pushed the front vehicle while it was in gear and when it bucked and started he jumped out and ran to catch the front vehicle, lept in, and took off. Me AND the state trooper were laughing our butts off. Got on down the road about 50 miles and they were all lined up on the side of an exit doing some more wrenching. Must be good money in old used vehicles in Mexico.

Users who are viewing this thread