5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cup holders on bucket seat models

Wishiwas

Reaction score
Just got my truck this past Monday and I am loving it.
I do have a situation with holding cups that I can't be the first with this issue. The reason I went with bench seats as apposed to bucket seat is leg space. I normally keep the center console flipped up and out of the way, but now I have no place but in the doors (where it's not very convenient) to keep cups. Why didn't Mopar simply put 2 cup holders on that compartment under the center console that sticks out? Anyone found an aftermarket fix?

Last edited:

Luke R

Reaction score
Unless yours is different, there are 3 cupholders in the sliding tray of the center console.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OP, what year truck did you buy? My center console has 4 cup holders. 2 on the moveable tray and 2 that really are best used for backseat passengers but I've used them for refills.

Wishiwas

Reaction score
Unless yours is different, there are 3 cupholders in the sliding tray of the center console.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Just for clarity. Mine has the 40 / 20 /40 front seating. I keep the center console in the upright position for comfort. On the floor at the front of the center is a plastic tray wit 2 square slots and one long slot (I will try to take pics tomorrow). The dash has a button that pops open to reveal a small glovebox type of holder. No cup holder. I have seen pics of the model your referring to. I think that might only be on the bench seat model. I crudely edited a pic from the web. The circle is just a compartment / mini glovebox. The arrow is pointing to (not seen in this pic) where a cup holder should be.

Attachments

• 20190526_224440.jpg
    20190526_224440.jpg
    159.6 KB · Views: 79

Wishiwas

Reaction score
OP, what year truck did you buy? My center console has 4 cup holders. 2 on the moveable tray and 2 that really are best used for backseat passengers but I've used them for refills.
2019 new body style with bench seats.

Last edited:

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
2019 new body style with bucket seats.
Just making this for clarity, as I'm really confused now. I believe the 40/20/40 (like I have) are called benchseats, and the full console trucks have what are called bucketseats, so I think you have the names messed up.

Wishiwas

Reaction score
I stand corrected. Yes, I have bench seats 40/20/40.
Here are the pics i was yalking about. 20190527_114003.jpg 20190527_113953.jpg

Jsalze1

Reaction score
@Wishiwas did you find a solution? I too have the bench seats (regret not getting the console) but would settle for a cup holder when the 20 seat is up.

Thewrangler73

Reaction score
As a machinist by trade I've been toying with the idea of machining and insert to put into the drawer under the stereo. Only thing is that drawer is where I store my carry handgun when I'm driving, and leave it in there if I have to run into a building I can't take it into. (We don't have much worry if people breaking into cars where I live, it happens very rarely and only at night, usually in someone's garage that they've already broken into.)

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
@Wishiwas congrats on the new truck

Make sure you go file for this additional rebate. Seems like they have been having problems with vin numbers being in the system so you have to call them so they send you the actual app. Do it within 60 days of purchase. Many of us have already received our checks. No strings attached.

The only qualification is that “someone in your household” must have a non-FCA vehicle.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/update-250-rebate-on-all-new-rams.5648/

Direct link to form (you DO NOT have to have Allstate insurance):

https://www.allstate.bonusdrive.com/Content/Bonus_Drive_Form_With_Survey_Allstate.pdf

Users who are viewing this thread