5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Credit card that can fill 33 gallons in one transaction?

Ram92131

Reaction score
My 5th gen is my first vehicle with enough fuel capacity that I always need to fill it in 2 transactions because the gas station limit is $100 per transaction (a hazard of living in the People’s Republic of Kalifornia). Does anyone have a card that will increase that limit to something that will allow you to fill say 30 gallons at $4/gal?

ADJS

Reaction score
This isn't much help but you might want to ask Exxon Mobile.

I use their app and their credit and rewards cards. I leave the card at home and pay using my phone. Not tap pay or wireless payment. I go into the app, the station comes up, I select the pump im at and then authorize it. Not sure if they would have al limit or not.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My 5th gen is my first vehicle with enough fuel capacity that I always need to fill it in 2 transactions because the gas station limit is $100 per transaction (a hazard of living in the People’s Republic of Kalifornia). Does anyone have a card that will increase that limit to something that will allow you to fill say 30 gallons at $4/gal?
It's a limit set by the fuel provider, not the credit card. I've seen stations with limits as low as $75, and others (in years past) that allowed me to fill a 45-gallon tank without issue. Time to find a new gas station!

Ram92131

Reaction score
It's a limit set by the fuel provider, not the credit card. I've seen stations with limits as low as $75, and others (in years past) that allowed me to fill a 45-gallon tank without issue. Time to find a new gas station!
Thanks for the bad news!

Someone should publish a map of stations that have higher limits. I’ve only seen $100 limits around here.

Jhill

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you request to pay inside instead of at pump, I have had stations go beyond $100 limit. Ask next time.

Last edited:

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Here in the 2nd worst state in the country I've seen limits as low as $75, absolutely ridiculous if you ask me.

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just paid 339 in sac

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I think we all know the answer to that, california. Beautiful state though, shame that it's run by such fools.

(Thats about as political as I'll ever get on here)

yeah, i hear that...here or ANYWHERE these days, typing a "dot" in the wrong font can bring a world of pain... crazy times :( But i guess i should have also asked where is the 2nd worst?! NY?!

Jordan2929

Reaction score
Fraud prevention.
How could it be fruad prevention? They could just swipe the card a second time to spend another $100. I have a feeling it's more of a safety thing, if something happens the pump will automatically shut off when it hits the limit. If that's the case then fuel stations should consider raising the limit when fuel prices go up.

TruckDriver

Ram Guru
Reaction score
just paid 339 in sac

3.39 for regular in sac? I was off highway 50 and saw 3.89 at best

and like others said, $75 - $100 limits are done by the pump; costco will let you get past that and their fuel is by far the least expensive these days

bgmshrm

Ram Guru
Reaction score
3.39 for regular in sac? I was off highway 50 and saw 3.89 at best

and like others said, $75 - $100 limits are done by the pump; costco will let you get past that and their fuel is by far the least expensive these days
thats the same price as the cheapest diesel .

Users who are viewing this thread