5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cracked tail light

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I noticed some small cracks awhile ago in the rear drivers side tail light. I bought the truck new and these cracks are not from any impact. Truck build date is 7/2020. At first I wasn’t concerned because they were hardly noticeable, now the light is leaking. I saw some older threads on this subject but nothing recent. I’m going to take it in and see if they will warranty it, they have for others in the past so I hope they will for me. At least I can show them pics from this forum of other trucks that look exactly like the cracks in mine that were replaced under warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this lately. Anyways wish me luck and please check your rear tail lights. Pics below. A9202BEC-08B7-4AA3-A922-E43442393969.jpeg

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
I noticed some small cracks awhile ago in the rear drivers side tail light. I bought the truck new and these cracks are not from any impact. Truck build date is 7/2020. At first I wasn’t concerned because they were hardly noticeable, now the light is leaking. I saw some older threads on this subject but nothing recent. I’m going to take it in and see if they will warranty it, they have for others in the past so I hope they will for me. At least I can show them pics from this forum of other trucks that look exactly like the cracks in mine that were replaced under warranty. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this lately. Anyways wish me luck and please check your rear tail lights. Pics below. View attachment 103125
I hope for your sake they replace it as those with the blind spot detection are EXPENSIVE to replace. Keep us updated.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I hope for your sake they replace it as those with the blind spot detection are EXPENSIVE to replace. Keep us updated.
Very expensive I was just going to eat it till I started shopping and saw the price tag. Now it’s a least worth the dreaded visit to the service department. Lol hoping for the best like I said I have some good ammo with some older threads on here.

Crew4X2

Reaction score
That stinks. I had the same issue, drivers side tail light. When I inspected the truck at the dealer I didn't notice the crack (it was dark by the time I drove it home). Noticed it a few days later. Called the dealer, sent them a pic, and they replaced it no charge. My build date 12-20.

Good luck.

Attachments

• DS Tail Light.jpg
    DS Tail Light.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 54

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
I hope for your sake they replace it as those with the blind spot detection are EXPENSIVE to replace. Keep us in .
Well good news for me, went to one of the rural area dealerships I have a friend thats a mechanic there. Service advisor was hesitant at first then I showed him the passenger side that was also starting to crack and pics from this forum. He said fu:!! It, they will be here in about 3 weeks. That was way easier than I thought it might be. That’s the way it should be you shouldn’t have to prove something to them.

AMS Guru

AMS Guru, Ram Guru-ish
Reaction score
Well good news for me, went to one of the rural area dealerships I have a friend thats a mechanic there. Service advisor was hesitant at first then I showed him the passenger side that was also starting to crack and pics from this forum. He said fu:!! It, they will be here in about 3 weeks. That was way easier than I thought it might be. That’s the way it should be you shouldn’t have to prove something to them.
That's GREAT news!!

Sent from my Note20 Ultra using Tapatalk

photinus

Reaction score
Guess I'm not so lucky. Same cracking showing up on the driver side of my 2021 Laramie. Dealer is refusing to cover it under warranty, just shy of $1100 to replace it. Frustrating to say the least.

Otisporkchop

Reaction score
Do a search on this forum for past threads on this subject, there are pics from other members that have had the same issue and were covered under warranty. Escalate with Ram cares. There is a obvious issue with some of these tail lights. My service manager tried to say it was damage until I showed him the passenger side where the clear lens is separating (delaminating)from the red part. Don’t give up those bastar$$ are expensive. Good luck.

photinus

Reaction score
Looks like I'm at the mercy of the dealership. Best solution I could come up with through the Ram Cares case was to try a different dealership with the nearest one being an hour and a half away.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
The Blind spot detection is in the tail lights, wow i did not know that, i thought it was from the sensors in the bumper or from the mirrors.

1awesomelaw

Reaction score
Dammit... now I have to go and take a look at mine...
Mine are good.
My son ordered his truck, he is writing down all the notes to look for everything that could be wrong with it when it comes in.
The list is getting longer.

Users who are viewing this thread