5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Corsa Muffler Replacement vs Catback

BluegrassMotorsport

Reaction score
Hey gang. I've been mulling over some exhaust ideas. When looking over Corsa's options for Rams, I came across their stand-alone Sport mufflers. This might be a dumb question, but why wouldn't a guy just buy the Sport muffler for $329 and weld it in instead of the entire catback for $1500? It says on their site they're not meant for vehicles with active fuel management. On one hand the engineers know much more than me, and on the other hand they make more money when I buy the full catback...

Thoughts?

Klicht87

Reaction score
Probably sounds terrible if you have MDS if it says not designed for active fuel management. I don't think you'll ever get away from a system that sounds exactly the same in normal mode and MDS. I had both Borla ATAK and now AWE 0fg catbacks and you can tell when it switches over.

Orion10182011

Reaction score
The CAT back or more accurately resonator back will sound better. For a true cat back you need to buy Corsa's resonator delete pipe(this will make the system louder). I'm very happy with my Corsa Sport on my 2020 Ram.

The stock system was CATs->Resonator pipe->Muffler->resonator before each exhaust tip->exit. At least they looked like small resonators. I plan to shine a light down one to see what's in there.

Current system is CATs->Resonator pipe->Corsa Muffler->exit

CMil527

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I wasn't aware Corsa began selling just muffler's, they always sold full cat back systems only...

Users who are viewing this thread