5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Control Arm/Front Frame Cross Member 68328973AB

rka82

Reaction score
Bought a used 2021 Ram 1500 which had apparently ran over a bolder or something. The front skid plate had literally been ripped out by force. It tore out the back 2 bolts where they connect to the frame. I believe the front skid plate attaches to "Control Arm Cross Member" part # 68328973AB.
When I asked my dealer about replacing it, they quoted me 4-5 hours labor. When I look at the part, it looks like it is purely for frame stabilization and is held on by 4 bolts. Does anyone else think this should take more than 15-30 minutes to replace? Do the control arms have to be removed in order to replace this small piece of aluminum?

Attached picture is all I have handy. You can see the holes at the bottom where skid plate had been attached and ripped out by force. You can also see one side that shows 2 of the 4 bolts which attach to the control arm mount to each side of the truck. Should be a pretty easy swap right? Right?

Attachments

• VideoCapture_20221028-144420.jpg
    VideoCapture_20221028-144420.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 31

Users who are viewing this thread