5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Contrary to other threads, I actually want my tires to shine. What do you recommend?

RJNavarrete

Reaction score
What will make these Wranglers shine while protecting at the same time? Let me know.

STR

Reaction score
There are countless products, but I’ve had good results with Meguiar’s Endurance Tire Gel:
79473C20-53DB-4691-AAA2-7A7B9627BB56.jpeg

Bhew123

Reaction score
No Touch wet n protect. As long as the tire is prepped properly and dried off with a towel before application it does not sling all over the car and has a great shine for a week or so.

stalkerish

Reaction score
Meguires Hot shine.... Its ridiculous. I posted a pic somewhere in the other thread of a coat on my Toyo MTs....

Bearman95

Reaction score
I thought Adam's was more of a matte sheen?
Tire shine is really shiney but Adams makes another kind that is more of a matte and I forget what it’s called although I have some of and used it for years before Adam’s started making the tire shine. Both are good but the tire shine is what I like best.

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Tire shine is really shiney but Adams makes another kind that is more of a matte and I forget what it’s called although I have some of and used it for years before Adam’s started making the tire shine. Both are good but the tire shine is what I like best.
the less-shiney version is called VRT (vinyl rubber trim). The tire shine is definitely shiney, and it has sio2 in it... the ceramic coating for your tire if you will :ROFLMAO: i've used both on my tires, both look great and last a while

stalkerish

Reaction score
How long does that last? That's about what I'm looking for, shine-wise.

It only lasts about a week and a half. Holds after rain as well. Im not a big fan of the super shiny so to me its perfect after a week. Just finishing up a couple cans i had left.I used to use it on my car with low profile tires. It DOES sling if applied heavy.

Reaction score
View attachment 64296

Thats after applying and drying the truck and wheels...
How do you guys get your trucks so clean. I spend like 3 hours just washing and it always dries looking dirty still, especially on the plastics and wheel wells. Like no matter how many times I go over it. As I'm drying my towel is just picking up tonnes of dirt. I'm using Adam's mega foam for the pre wash with the cannon, but also for washing with a mitt. Should I be using a different product for the mitt wash. Even the tires were pulling off a **** tonne of dirt today when I was wiping off the excess coating.

Bearman95

Reaction score
I hand wash mine using Adam’s car wash and a mitt. If it’s just dusty I use a California duster unless it’s real dusty and then I just wash it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/