5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Continental terrain contact A/T tires are awesome

Hammer1

Reaction score
I was a managing partner for Bridgestone/Firestone for 20 years and obviously purchased within the group. My OE goodyears had 19k on them and were completely worn out. I have a Limited with 285-45-22 and installed the Continental AT today. I have no idea how this somewhat aggressive A/T tire is so much quieter then the OE Badyear but it is. The truck rides so much nicer and there is less road noise. Much less so far I'm really impressed and they look fantastic. If your going to stay with the OE size I highly recommend them.

busa2009

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was a managing partner for Bridgestone/Firestone for 20 years and obviously purchased within the group. My OE goodyears had 19k on them and were completely worn out. I have a Limited with 285-45-22 and installed the Continental AT today. I have no idea how this somewhat aggressive A/T tire is so much quieter then the OE Badyear but it is. The truck rides so much nicer and there is less road noise. Much less so far I'm really impressed and they look fantastic. If your going to stay with the OE size I highly recommend them.

Pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djjr50

Reaction score
This tire is on top of my shortlist. I believe it's lighter than the original goodyears too, which might help me save some more fuel.

Zig10

Reaction score
I had them on my previous GMC Canyon. Those tires are fantastic, and I plan to put them on the Ram shortly. I had 35,000 miles on them when I traded the truck and they had well over half tread depth remaining. The ride was also amazing at highway speeds.

Not sure how "A/T" they really are as I only had them in the mud on construction sites, but they never got me stuck.

Derlant1983

Reaction score
I had them on a sierra. Looked better than the stock bridgestone’s. Surprisingly they were not the best tires in the snow, they looked like they would be better than the stock tire.

Attachments

• 1645FB29-EF2C-460B-AD2F-AB946BCDCB94.jpeg
    1645FB29-EF2C-460B-AD2F-AB946BCDCB94.jpeg
    81.6 KB · Views: 321

Dodgehemi0

Reaction score
Yup they are the best tire if you will never see snow...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I’m a FAulken man now. I ran Coopers my whole life and they are phenomenal. But the Faulkens have been fantastic and lasted 35k miles. Just got the new A/Ts which are a bit more meaty than the previous version

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m a FAulken man now. I ran Coopers my whole life and they are phenomenal. But the Faulkens have been fantastic and lasted 35k miles. Just got the new A/Ts which are a bit more meaty than the previous version
I'm a huge fan of the Falkens after running them for a winter. They are very well suited for the wet and dry snow we get where I live.
Do the Continentals have the 3PMSF symbol like the Falkens do? That's a much more reliable way of knowing if a tire is well-suited for winter conditions, unlike the M+S symbol which really means nothing.
3PMSF symbol.JPG

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I'm a huge fan of the Falkens after running them for a winter. They are very well suited for the wet and dry snow we get where I live.
Do the Continentals have the 3PMSF symbol like the Falkens do? That's a much more reliable way of knowing if a tire is well-suited for winter conditions, unlike the M+S symbol which really means nothing.
View attachment 68847

This will be first year with the Falken A/T3W tires. I've heard so much about their performance, I'm looking forward to it.

The Continental Terrain Contact tires do not have the 3PMSF symbol/rating. I agree with the others, they seem to be really good with many conditions, but if you see any real snow/mud, I'd go with a different tire.

Hammer1

Reaction score
Like I said in my original post I sold Bridgestone/Firestone for 20 years and Michelin 5 years before that and these are the best A/T tires I have ever purchased. They ride better then anything else I have had experience with. As far as snow traction I don't have a clue yet but they will be much better then the Goodyears. I thought the Bridgestone Revos were quiet for an A/T tire but these are much better. I only drive into a cornfield once a year to retrieve my deer so these fit my needs perfectly. If you want the best off road snow and mud traction obviously these are not for you. If you want a great looking tire with superior ride and noise levels this is the ticket.

HotHareSpey

Reaction score
I’m very happy for you that you like your tires and find them quiet. That’s largely because they are more of a road tire than a dedicated snow tire. The Faulkens that came with the ORG were a perfect balance of snow and road. So I got good mpg with them but they also kicked *** in the rough stuff

my new tires from Faulken are beefier. I tried to get the Originals but they stopped producing it and replaced with a more stout tread. I’m seeing a difference in mpg plus the lugs are much larger so they will be much more efficient in deep snow and mud

The kicker is that you have a fantastic 4x4. So as long as you slap it in 4wd when conditions call for it, you’ll be good even in severe storms so long as you limit the one variable that challenges all tires like yours: speed.

Safe travels this winter to you all! It’s suppose to be a helluva season according to the Almanac :)

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m very happy for you that you like your tires and find them quiet. That’s largely because they are more of a road tire than a dedicated snow tire. The Faulkens that came with the ORG were a perfect balance of snow and road. So I got good mpg with them but they also kicked *** in the rough stuff

my new tires from Faulken are beefier. I tried to get the Originals but they stopped producing it and replaced with a more stout tread. I’m seeing a difference in mpg plus the lugs are much larger so they will be much more efficient in deep snow and mud

The kicker is that you have a fantastic 4x4. So as long as you slap it in 4wd when conditions call for it, you’ll be good even in severe storms so long as you limit the one variable that challenges all tires like yours: speed.

Safe travels this winter to you all! It’s suppose to be a helluva season according to the Almanac :)
What are Faulkens? You mean these?...
Falken tire.JPG

Sorry, couldn't resist. :p All in good fun!
I'm with you on these tires. One of the better AT tires I've used, and as far as OEM tires go, I haven't had any that were better for year round use anywhere that gets real winter driving conditions.

Calsun

Reaction score
My 2018 Traverse SUV shipped from the factory with 3-season tires and I quickly replaced them with the Continental Terrain Contact tires that are far better on dirt and rock surfaces (not tested yet on snow). They came with a 60K miles warranty and if there is a failure within the first 12 months the tire will be replaced outright. Warranty for tread wear is prorated over 72 months which is not a bad deal either.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just ordered a set of the Terrain Contact H/T. I was going to get the AT's for the look but I never go off road and the winter weather reviews are not that great. I believe the HT's will do better on snow and ice with the extra sipping. The are rated at the top for wet road driving which is what I see the most of. I normally run the Michelin XLT's but decided to give these a try this time.

Last edited:

realralfy

Reaction score
The Yokohama Geolander G015 is a fantastic AT tire. It's just as good if not better than the Continental on the road and is damn good in the snow also....

Crockett

Reaction score
I love my Falkens on my Jeep. They are 10 ply and they wear like iron. Where I live the tires take a lot of abuse, and they can take it. I won’t even consider another brand when I replace tires on my truck. I even had Falken all terrain tires on my wife’s Subaru, and they worked very well.

djjr50

Reaction score
Like I said in my original post I sold Bridgestone/Firestone for 20 years and Michelin 5 years before that and these are the best A/T tires I have ever purchased. They ride better then anything else I have had experience with. As far as snow traction I don't have a clue yet but they will be much better then the Goodyears. I thought the Bridgestone Revos were quiet for an A/T tire but these are much better. I only drive into a cornfield once a year to retrieve my deer so these fit my needs perfectly. If you want the best off road snow and mud traction obviously these are not for you. If you want a great looking tire with superior ride and noise levels this is the ticket.
This is why I want them. Florida doesnt see much snow and I dont have the need to go off road regularly...only the occasional dirt/grass parking lot or beach access. What I am wanting is a more aggressive look, better dry performance, better ride, and top water/rain performance.

Zig10

Reaction score
I just ordered a set of the Terrain Contact H/T. I was going to get the AT's for the look but I never go off road and the winter weather reviews are not that great. I believe the HT's will do better on snow and ice with the extra sipping. The are rated at the top for wet road driving which is what I see the most of. I normally run the Michelin XLT's but decided to give these a try this time.

Look forward to your review on these. They're on my short list for my wife's Expedition.

Users who are viewing this thread