5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console Safe

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score

NorthStar

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last edited:

Bearman95

Reaction score
I have a Tuffy console safe in mine, about 150 bucks. This is the third one that I’ve had and they are great! Built very well!

Reverse

Reaction score
I have a Console Vault in my 2014, and now a very similar LockrDown in my 2020. I would have gone with Console Vault again, but they didn't have a model for the Long Horn / Limited console, which is slightly different from other trim levels. Both work fine. No experience with Tuffy.

U

User_21361

I went with the lock'r down floor safe. I wasnt a huge fan of the size of the console safe compared to the floor safe. Also the floor safe is a completely closed unit as opposed to a metal lid screwed into the console. I also enjoy the obscurity of the location from prying eyes. The biggest tradeoff is that I have to plan to use it. If i want to ditch something in there quickly, its more difficult. This hasn't been an issue for me, but YMMV.

The quality of this thing is top notch and their console safe may be worth considering as well.

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am just looking for a place to lock my daily carry when I fly out for business. That is the main reason I am only looking at console safes

Rammin BtoS AF

Reaction score
I feel the way the stock (Tuffy) on the Built to Serve edition is discrete and out of the way. Certainly aren't going to put a judge or large frame 1911 in there though.

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, the mopar console vault is made my tuffy. I purchased the tuffy colsole safe which is much cheaper than the mopar version. The 2 differences between the two. On the tuffy version the opening of the safe is slightly larger and the mopar version it includes a flush handle on door to open the door. On the tuffy version you would use your key to pull the door open(The key locks into cylinder in the unlocked position and cannot be removed until the cylinder is in the locked position) other than that they identical other than the price

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

PowerJrod

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I am looking at console safes and wondering what everyone else is going with? The below is what I am looking to go with:

Snap Safe... Large. It can be removed but very solid lock design.

Bay Area RAM

Reaction score
Just went to both sites to buy and they both say ‘cannot be used with Limited or Longhorn consoles‘. Wtf ? Can someone tell me the difference and why they wouldn’t work..? Has anyone put these in a Limited ? Thanks...

U

User_21361

Just went to both sites to buy and they both say ‘cannot be used with Limited or Longhorn consoles‘. Wtf ? Can someone tell me the difference and why they wouldn’t work..? Has anyone put these in a Limited ? Thanks...

I think locker down has one for the limited. The console tray is deeper on those I believed

dts828

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The Limited and Longhorn has a deeper sliding console because of the sliding cover, you could probably install the safe by locker down as they make a version for Longhorn and limited that doesn't sit as high.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Overkill77

Reaction score
I'm waiting for a company to make a safe for the quad cab under seat storage area.....🙃

LoNeStAr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just went with the Tuffy, works great and install was super easy.

Attachments

• C343DF7B-322A-4AAF-B8D8-53C09694223F.jpeg
    C343DF7B-322A-4AAF-B8D8-53C09694223F.jpeg
    123 KB · Views: 86

grimreefer

U.S. Merchant Marine
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I too have a Limited and went with the Lock'er Down Exxtreme with digital lock. Absolutely LOVE it!!!
I saw that you had to break off some tabs or something in the console for it to fit. Didn't like the sound of that so I've been hesitant to order one since.

Reverse

Reaction score
In my Limited with the Lockr Down safe, there is NO need to break off tabs. Lockrdown instructions say to remove tabs, but on Limited at least this is not necessary, I did cut the little rubber mat. The cut is invisible though after safe is installed.

Users who are viewing this thread