5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console Organizer / Interior Mods

Jaden78

Reaction score
Hello All, New Ram owner here...very happy with the truck.
I admit, I'm a little OCD about organizing inside my vehicles. As soon as I pick up a new ride, I run through a list of to-dos: Front tints, floor matts, console organizers and integrated phone holder. AT tires are next.
Anyway, I found tons of useful info on the forums here, and wanted to return the favor...passing along any ideas that some may find helpful.
So here are the mods so far:

Center console organizer: (Holy crap, you could fit a toddler inside the organizer, but damn stuff tends to slide around)
All components are made w/ 1/4" ABS plastic. You can buy sheets online. I pre-sand them then use superglue to attach the pieces together. Once a section is fully fabbed up, I laid plastic epoxy into the corners for strength. After a night of curing, a few coats of Plasti-dip coat the whole thing.

The Upper console Lid has dividers for pens/tools/measuring tape...things I grab multiple times per day.
The lower console has 2 sections. When installed, they wedge each other in place, along with a tissue box. The lower section holds secondary items.

Like many others, I made a simple under-seat organizer. A piece of 1x10 pine was easy to shape, and then wrapped with Auto-carpet off of Amazon.

Lastly, the phone holder is a combination of ProClip mount modified to hold a Pitaka wireless Qi magnetic holder. The wire is run behind the radio bezel, and connects to an Anker USB-c Charger in plug in the lower console.

Attachments

• IMG_5988.jpg
    IMG_5988.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 570
  • IMG_5989.jpg
    IMG_5989.jpg
    140.4 KB · Views: 550
  • IMG_5990.jpg
    IMG_5990.jpg
    116.8 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_5991.jpg
    IMG_5991.jpg
    109.6 KB · Views: 556
  • IMG_5993.jpg
    IMG_5993.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 552
  • IMG_5994.jpg
    IMG_5994.jpg
    155.8 KB · Views: 559

Jaden78

Reaction score
If you have access to a saw, it costs about $40. $10 for a 1x10x10' pine from Home Depot, and $30 for pre-stick auto carpet (Often used for subwoofer boxes) from Amazon.

I spent some time with cardboard blanks getting the angle and heights right, before cutting the wood.

bbbeeennnjjjeee

Reaction score
There was some dude on here who's kid 3d printed an organizer out of ABS. I think he was selling them.

69Sting

Reaction score
There was some dude on here who's kid 3d printed an organizer out of ABS. I think he was selling them.

Just ran across this thread and enjoy seeing what different owners come up with and create.

Jaden78 - Very nice work on your organizers.

bbbeennjjjeee - As an FYI the Organizer that 'some dudes kid' ;) prints are done in PLA. We don't have a work area for printing ABS yet as it needs some very solid ventilation system to remove the toxic fumes ABS creates while printing. Do appreciate the recognition :)

69Sting

Ronkartz72

Reaction score
Ran across this one on Etsy.

Users who are viewing this thread