5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Consequences leveling the 3.6L V6 3.21 axel ratio?

rgberg

Reaction score
3.6L V6 eTorque with 3.21 axel ratio. Thinking about a 2” level. I’ve read somewhere on this forum that if you plan on lifting your truck and adding larger tires, you should get a higher axel ratio. Does this work the same with leveling? Are there any negative consequences if I level my truck and get larger tires?

90% city driving and 10% snow/mountain trips during the peak season.

Last edited:

gcscott

Reaction score
3.6L V6 eTorque with 3.21 axel ratio. Thinking about a 2” level. I’ve read somewhere on this forum that if you plan on lifting your truck and adding larger tires, you should get a higher axel ratio. Does this work the same with leveling? Are there any negative consequences if I level my truck and get larger tires?

90% city driving and 10% snow/mountain trips during the peak season.
It doesn't have to do with lifting or leveling your truck, only if you get larger tires. Larger tires will make your truck have less power and a lower axle ratio 3.55 or 3.92 or a 5.7-Liter V8 HEMI will make up for the larger tires. Just a quick explanation and you should do more research before you purchase a new truck or larger tires.

Users who are viewing this thread