5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cons of delete kit

Steelerfan923

Reaction score
Just wanted to get some info from y'all abut delete kits. I am wanting to do a delete on my 2018 Ram 2500, mainly for the MPG's. I know the benefits of doing so but wanted to get some ideas of the downside of doing so. Thanks in advance.

Docholliday

Reaction score
The main downsides for those of us with 2018 Rams:
1. You void your warranty, and extended warranty.
2. Dealers will no longer service your vehicle, or work on it.
3. You violate Federal Law, and the penalty is severe. If you live in a state that has emissions requirements / testing then you run afoul of State Law as well.

All that said, Google what you want and there are lots of kits and options out there.

Efishnsea3516

Reaction score
I have deleted my 2014 and my local dealer continues To service my truck and perform all services and open recalls. Currently the truck is at the dealer having its 175K service completed.

DELETING was the Best decision I could have made for my RAM Cummins. The truck has come to life.

cemem

Reaction score
The main downsides for those of us with 2018 Rams:
1. You void your warranty, and extended warranty.
2. Dealers will no longer service your vehicle, or work on it.
3. You violate Federal Law, and the penalty is severe. If you live in a state that has emissions requirements / testing then you run afoul of State Law as well.

All that said, Google what you want and there are lots of kits and options out there ram 2500 delete kit.
Hello just joined today as i may be buying one. Does anyone know if HD diesel supply is stil selling their delete kit with tuner. I have tried calling a few times and says they are closed. Lookig for options to remove the egr and dpf. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread