5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Computer-Transmission Issue

AJCypressTx

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has had this issue with their new Ram... 2 days after I drove my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie (5.7L V8) off the lot, I was leaving my house, put the knob in D and nothing... It sat there as if it was in P. I shifted into N and back into D, nothing... Back to P, through R and N, back to D, nothing... Finally, I gave it some gas while in D (approx 1500 rpm) and it KICKED into gear. At this point, I had probably put it into D about 20 times, so I decided to see if it happened again. Couple days later (about 80 miles later), it happened again after driving it to work - I was going to pull forward a bit after backing in, nothing... Same thing, had to give it some gas to kick into gear.
Took to dealership service center and they kept it for a week, trying to get it to happen. Of course it didn’t... They re-set the computer to the transmission and gave it back to me. I will record it if it happens again, but again, curious if anyone else has seen it???

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score
Curious if anyone else has had this issue with their new Ram... 2 days after I drove my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie (5.7L V8) off the lot, I was leaving my house, put the knob in D and nothing... It sat there as if it was in P. I shifted into N and back into D, nothing... Back to P, through R and N, back to D, nothing... Finally, I gave it some gas while in D (approx 1500 rpm) and it KICKED into gear. At this point, I had probably put it into D about 20 times, so I decided to see if it happened again. Couple days later (about 80 miles later), it happened again after driving it to work - I was going to pull forward a bit after backing in, nothing... Same thing, had to give it some gas to kick into gear.
Took to dealership service center and they kept it for a week, trying to get it to happen. Of course it didn’t... They re-set the computer to the transmission and gave it back to me. I will record it if it happens again, but again, curious if anyone else has seen it???

there are numerous posts about this. use the search.

DaMythDaLegend

Reaction score

this was on the first page of the General Discussion page when I pulled the link. I mean there's 18 pages of comments..

shifter knob

Users who are viewing this thread