5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Compass Problem Sorted, I Think

Rick3478

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Behavior of the compass in the EVIC in my new BigHorn has been mysteriously intermittant from the beginning. Dealer said it needed to be "calibrated" by driving around in circles. Tried that and seemed to work for awhile, but this morning not working again, just displaying "--". But in a moment of inspiration I pressed the button to turn on the radio/nav, and immediately the correct direction popped up in the EVIC. Lightbulb moment! You'd think they would mention this somewhere, and if they did I missed it, but apparently the EVIC gets its direction data from the nav system and if it's turned off, there's no data. So haha on me, been nothing wrong with it all along...

Jasper 99

Reaction score
I have the same problem with my compass, and also the clock will not work properly on GPS. I have to set it manually, and if I try to set it back to GPS it goes approximately 1 hour and 10 minutes behind. Had it to dealer and they couldnt figure it out 2019 Bighorn

Users who are viewing this thread