5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Comments on the modifications I've made so far...B2 Fab Exhaust, S&B CAI, Nitto Tires, Pulsar, Lock'er Down, etc.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Hi ya'll. Just a few comments on some of the mods on my 2019 Limited 5.7 Hemi.

Before making these mods I was close to selling the 2019 Ram and taking back my '09 Hemi Ram from my oldest son! Now, I am absolutely ecstatic about the way this thing drives. Before the transmission was laggy and sluggish and had an obnoxious downshift. The Hemi was just not itself as this was the 6th 5.7 Hemi I had owned. Combined gas mileage was respectable at 16.7 mpg.

After I installed the B2 Fabrications MF muffler my mileage jumped to 16.9 combined. The sound was awesome for me (I'm 50 years old, haha), and it was clear that the Hemi was awakening. Still the shift points were of course horrible and it was not fun to drive.

After I then installed the S & B CAI my mileage jumped to 17.3 combined. The sound was even more awesome and the growl the Hemi made when I got into the pedal was sweet! Still, the shift points were of course horrible. Hmmmm, what to do?

After I then installed the Pulsar from Diablo Sport my mileage jumped to 17.9 in the economy MDS On mode and around 10-12 in the Performance MDS Off Mode. However, the shift points and issues I had with driving the 8 speed tranny all disappeared! What a joy it is to drive this truck. It seems to always be in the right gear now, ready for me to either go faster/slower/uphill or downhill and the Hemi is exactly what it was meant to be...a powerful engine full of torque, but capable of "sipping" gas. I mostly run 93 octane now with the occasional 89 or 91 tank.

The Nitto Terra Grappler G2's (33" x 12.5R22) I installed have zero rubbing issues and make the truck way more sure footed than the OEM Goodyear's.

The Lock'er Down center console safe was easy to install and is extremely handy with the number coded electronic lock. Now I don't have to worry about leaving my weapon or cash or other valuables in the truck. They are secure.

I will be installing a 2" leveling kit next.

Hope this helps anyone who thinks driving the OEM truck with the 8 speed tranny is a chore and is looking for ways to wake this truck up.

Last edited:

brawler1588

Reaction score
That's great you are enjoying it now. Any idea if the pulsar would benefit me with a v6 not doing a exhaust or going bigger tires or anything just looking to improve mpg and smoother shifts like you said.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Captain Stack

Reaction score
The Pulsar is only made for the 5.7 V8 Hemi's that I know of. I just did a quick search on diablosport.com. You could go with just a tuner and make adjustments that way, but I have limited experience with that.

Sts

Reaction score
The Pulsar is only made for the 5.7 V8 Hemi's that I know of. I just did a quick search on diablosport.com. You could go with just a tuner and make adjustments that way, but I have limited experience with that.

Do you have the e-torque?
Do you have the air suspension?
Any rubbing in entry/exit mode with those tires?

How long have you been running the pulsar without issue?

I’ve be thinking about getting the pulsar, but there’s been a lot of reports of issues. So decided to get the Diablo “MODIFIED PCM & INTUNE I3 COMBO 2019 5.7L - 8S ETQ 1500 - PKITDR57ET19-I3”. With this kit, comes a concern of possibility of warranty being voided.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Do you have the e-torque?
Do you have the air suspension?
Any rubbing in entry/exit mode with those tires?

How long have you been running the pulsar without issue?

I’ve be thinking about getting the pulsar, but there’s been a lot of reports of issues. So decided to get the Diablo “MODIFIED PCM & INTUNE I3 COMBO 2019 5.7L - 8S ETQ 1500 - PKITDR57ET19-I3”. With this kit, comes a concern of possibility of warranty being voided.

I do not have the e-torque. Just a gas 5.7 Hemi.
I do have the air suspension. There are no rubbing issues of any kind so far. The entry/exit mode is not a drivable mode, so there are no issues there. The truck automatically raises to the Aero mode once you start to drive. In any case, I have not had any issues with rubbing on these 33x12.5R22 Nitto Terra Grappler G2's.

Regarding the Pulsar, I love it! I have had zero issues with it. The hardest thing is getting used to changing the mode using the cruise control buttons. The cruise control must be OFF and out of Stanby mode even to change the Pulsar Modes. I only have about 250 miles on the Pulsar so far. The economy mode is what I have been using most and I'm getting a combined 18 MPG, which is up from 17.3 ish before. The Performance mode is awesome, but MPG will fall to below 10 HaHa! The price for fun I guess.

Reactions: Sts

Sts

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts..

Regarding your statement about entry/ exit not drivable mode..

The way I’m able to drive in entry/exit mode is when I use my key fob to lower it to entry/exit. Once it’s lowered to entry/exit, I push the button again twice. With this method it stays locks in entry/exit for some reason and able to drive like this (very rough/bouncing ride). It doesn’t auto go into aero.
.. can you not do this with yours?
..now I’m wondering if this is a software issue on mine.

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Hmmm. I've never tried that. I have used the FOB to lower the vehicle before I get in and then start and drive away....it always auto lifts it into Aero mode as soon as I start driving. I try clicking the FOB twice again and see if it stays in Entry/Exit mode. I'll report back later.

Reactions: Sts

BeauxXL1200

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi ya'll. Just a few comments on some of the mods on my 2019 Limited 5.7 Hemi.

Before making these mods I was close to selling the 2019 Ram and taking back my '09 Hemi Ram from my oldest son! Now, I am absolutely ecstatic about the way this thing drives. Before the transmission was laggy and sluggish and had an obnoxious downshift. The Hemi was just not itself as this was the 6th 5.7 Hemi I had owned. Combined gas mileage was respectable at 16.7 mpg.

After I installed the B2 Fabrications MF muffler my mileage jumped to 16.9 combined. The sound was awesome for me (I'm 50 years old, haha), and it was clear that the Hemi was awakening. Still the shift points were of course horrible and it was not fun to drive.

After I then installed the S & B CAI my mileage jumped to 17.3 combined. The sound was even more awesome and the growl the Hemi made when I got into the pedal was sweet! Still, the shift points were of course horrible. Hmmmm, what to do?

After I then installed the Pulsar from Diablo Sport my mileage jumped to 17.9 in the economy MDS On mode and around 10-12 in the Performance MDS Off Mode. However, the shift points and issues I had with driving the 8 speed tranny all disappeared! What a joy it is to drive this truck. It seems to always be in the right gear now, ready for me to either go faster/slower/uphill or downhill and the Hemi is exactly what it was meant to be...a powerful engine full of torque, but capable of "sipping" gas. I mostly run 93 octane now with the occasional 89 or 91 tank.

The Nitto Terra Grappler G2's (33" x 12.5R22) I installed have zero rubbing issues and make the truck way more sure footed than the OEM Goodyear's.

The Lock'er Down center console safe was easy to install and is extremely handy with the number coded electronic lock. Now I don't have to worry about leaving my weapon or cash or other valuables in the truck. They are secure.

I will be installing a 2" leveling kit next.

Hope this helps anyone who thinks driving the OEM truck with the 8 speed tranny is a chore and is looking for ways to wake this truck up.

Similar set up; similar results and impressions, Captain.

My signature below has the details. And I also have the LockerDown which is great.

I pretty much run mine in Pulsar's Performance Mode (MDS on) all the time. I just like the power and the shift points. And no issues with the Pulsar which I've had since about April. And I get about 16.4 or so MPGs in mixed driving.

sirj00

Reaction score
I too have 19 limited 5.7 4x4. First mod magnaflow exhaust that lowered my mpg's from 18+ to 15+. Than came aftermarket wheels with nitto ridge grapplers, which weigh 125lbs a piece. there I lost another 3 1/2 mpg's. I installed Retrax one MX Tonneau Cover, that netted me 1 mpg gain. Pulsar got me another 1+ mpg's in economy mode. And finally I installed the Ram airflow which is magical. I'm back to 15+ in city and 17+ highway. The shifts are magical and the hemi feels like silk.

Last edited:

Captain Stack

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts..

Regarding your statement about entry/ exit not drivable mode..

The way I’m able to drive in entry/exit mode is when I use my key fob to lower it to entry/exit. Once it’s lowered to entry/exit, I push the button again twice. With this method it stays locks in entry/exit for some reason and able to drive like this (very rough/bouncing ride). It doesn’t auto go into aero.
.. can you not do this with yours?
..now I’m wondering if this is a software issue on mine.

I tried this and my truck still automatically went into the aero mode. It did NOT stay in entry/exit mode.

Sts

Reaction score
Thanks for checking.
I’ll ask dealer about this when I take it in for oil change, and some TSBs next week.

Reaction score
I too have 19 limited 5.7 4x4. First mod magnaflow exhaust that lowered my mpg's from 18+ to 15+. Than came aftermarket wheels with nitto ridge grapplers, which weigh 125lbs a piece. there I lost another 3 1/2 mpg's. I installed Retrax one MX Tonneau Cover, that netted me 1 mpg gain. Pulsar got me another 1+ mpg's in economy mode. And finally I installed the Ram airflow which is magical. I'm back to 15+ in city and 17+ highway. The shifts are magical and the hemi feels like silk.

Glad to hear your thoughts on the Ram Airflow. I know it comes with a hefty price tag but your description is exactly what I'm looking for, especially to pair it with my Borla.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Staff online