5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Collision avoided!

Mich thor

Reaction score
Went to dinner on East side of Detroit, roads snowy and parking at steakhouse very packed. After 2 u-turns on Gratiot I slid in to a tight spot and was backing in and brakes locked up to avoid smashing a Lexus! Saved me some deductible.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Right here is the reason to always leave that feature on and deal with the "nuances" of it. Imagine if someone had it off and a kid popped up.

UnLimited

Reaction score
Agree, I was backing a few weeks back toward what looked like just regular bushes... but hidden was nice old concrete pillar, that hadn't seen the light of day - since. the 70's LOL - but the truck did stop - also from a bad self park alignment...whew...

Dkwatts1522

Reaction score
I had a dog walk behind me and it slammed on the brakes a few weeks back. I never saw it.

PTRAM

Reaction score
Sometimes it does it and nothing behind it, but I leave it on all the time. Ram hasn't saved me yet, but my 2017 Cherokee with that same back up option has saved me a few times.

AMarsh

Reaction score
As much as I love it in theory, I had to turn it off. It would always press the brakes when I was backing in somewhere and trying to park slightly over the curb (which is 90% of the time I back in).

UnLimited

Reaction score
I was backing in slowing.. just a little hedge behind me.. it put the brakes on, even with my foot applying pressure, at about an inch.... its one thing, with all the tech, that works correctly on Limited....

LadyRam19

Reaction score
I find it annoying when backing up and it's very cold out. The brakes will slam on; assuming it's due to sensors getting wet or icy from exhaust

d_THRILL

Reaction score
Yeah I would love to keep that feature on, but I pretty much back into all my parking spots and get super close to whatever object I'm parking up against and that feature was on it would be slamming my breaks all the time.

Users who are viewing this thread