5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clunk from Rear

KRField

Reaction score
Just seeing if anyone had had issue with a clunk in the drive line?

I get a clunk on occasion on downshifts or while in gear coasting then accelerating. I can make it happen by putting the truck in gear and letting it coast and shift to 2nd.

Dealer said no problem and normal drive line slack. However it’s happening more frequently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Seems like mine has a bump now when going from decel to accel. I'm at 9k miles. I didn't notice it until recently.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was just in for oil change/tire rotation and they said this was 'normal'... which I highly doubt.

I'll be sending an email to MOPAR to see what they say.. the truck has to go back anyway as they had to order parts (window trim and recall grounding strap)

KRField

Reaction score
Mines at 26513, it appeared around 17000. Let me know if you get a resolution. I’m waiting to see if it gets worse. It’s similar to the sound my 02 f150 made shifting in reverse, which was excessive slack in the slip yoke.

BTW specs are 3:21 with limited slip 4x4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread