5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Clearance lights (cab lights)

Hahny

Reaction score
I remember seeing a post about cab lights but can’t find it anymore! I’m just wondering if anyone has installed cab lights on their 5th gen? I’d like to do a smoked lense with a amber light one mine

Attachments

• 81EF3F30-A97B-44D4-88ED-405964ADBD9C.png
    81EF3F30-A97B-44D4-88ED-405964ADBD9C.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 272

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was searching the same thing just now! Spoke with install guy today and he recommended since I have the pano roof going with the GM style smoke lens led lights because they are smaller and screw down on the sides and not the ends and would work well on the limited space due to the pano. These lights include two individual lights for the edges and a solid single bar for the middle with multiple lights built into it. I’m just not sure if I would like it, I would rather have 5 individual lights, 3 centered and 1 on each edge like you would traditionally see. I want to pull the trigger on it but? Most of the ‘custom’ clearance lights I have found are at least 3/4” longer than these GM lights and screw down on the ends making them a very tight if at all possible fit. Have not found anything specific to the ‘19 Ram.

Hahny

Reaction score
Funny you mention that on recon I have been looking at the 15-18 gm cab lights as they are low profile and seem to look like they would fit our body style better!

Hahny

Reaction score
I had them on my eco diesel and really liked the look! I think the trucks have to sit up higher like both of ours do to pull the look off tho!

Attachments

• EF1D7660-ED8B-48F2-80E7-86B5D5E8EBEF.jpeg
    EF1D7660-ED8B-48F2-80E7-86B5D5E8EBEF.jpeg
    724.6 KB · Views: 402
  • 7E46E62F-93B8-4A9C-B05A-BFE781850668.jpeg
    7E46E62F-93B8-4A9C-B05A-BFE781850668.jpeg
    153.7 KB · Views: 391

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree, the way our trucks are set up I think the cab lights will make them look more like 3/4 tons! I found a light kit by VMS Racing that are smaller that might work with the pano. Part # CRL 264143BKW. These are 5 individual lights for the more traditional look. Not sure what to do?:unsure:

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Those GM’s would look good! That is what was recommended to me. I may just have to sleep on it, like I mentioned before, just torn rather to go with this GM look or the traditional 5 individual light look. I believe either would look good on these trucks IMO. Also, don’t know if I could stomach having GM lights on my Ram!:ROFLMAO: Could probably handle the thought of Ford lights better.:)

Hahny

Reaction score
Those GM’s would look good! That is what was recommended to me. I may just have to sleep on it, like I mentioned before, just torn rather to go with this GM look or the traditional 5 individual light look. I believe either would look good on these trucks IMO. Also, don’t know if I could stomach having GM lights on my Ram!:ROFLMAO: Could probably handle the thought of Ford lights better.:)

Haha I’m a salesman for a Ram dealer so I feel dumb doing them! But I’m the opposite and have always liked the style of the gm once since they went to the 3 piece lights!

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Haha I’m a salesman for a Ram dealer so I feel dumb doing them! But I’m the opposite and have always liked the style of the gm once since they went to the 3 piece lights!
Sounds good! No need to feel dumb, I believe they would look good and would be different than other ‘19 Rams in a good way. Why don’t you go ahead and get the GM lights installed ASAP then post some pictures so I can decide!;)

Hahny

Reaction score
Haha I was close to ordering them this week so it might not be long until I do haha

19llhpb

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I could not install any lights that screw down and are hard wired. Due to the pano roof there are too many layers of sheet metal that reinforce the roof and we were concerned with the screws breaking as the cab flexed. If not for the pano roof they would install. Installer has seen this happen before. I did go with the solar charged no screw lights from Cab Over America that stick down with 3m tape and operate via a remote fob. I would not recommend these. They are expensive and a PITA. I got the smoke ones which stated it would take more sunlight to keep them charged and they weren't kidding! They were never charged enough to last very long, even with direct sunlight most of the day. Also every time you turn these lights on and off they cycle through how they light. There is a dim, bright, and flash modes. I wish you could program them to stay with one mode each time you turn them on. When lights were low on charge and a couple of them would shut off on their own and you didn't know it the next time you turned them on the mode would be out of sequence and you would have to reprogram them. Like I said, a real PItA. I took them took them off and now have no lights, just not worth it.

shlebz

Reaction score
Thanks for the actual review! I was looking into those also!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Roddog2220

Reaction score
I could not install any lights that screw down and are hard wired. Due to the pano roof there are too many layers of sheet metal that reinforce the roof and we were concerned with the screws breaking as the cab flexed. If not for the pano roof they would install. Installer has seen this happen before. I did go with the solar charged no screw lights from Cab Over America that stick down with 3m tape and operate via a remote fob. I would not recommend these. They are expensive and a PITA. I got the smoke ones which stated it would take more sunlight to keep them charged and they weren't kidding! They were never charged enough to last very long, even with direct sunlight most of the day. Also every time you turn these lights on and off they cycle through how they light. There is a dim, bright, and flash modes. I wish you could program them to stay with one mode each time you turn them on. When lights were low on charge and a couple of them would shut off on their own and you didn't know it the next time you turned them on the mode would be out of sequence and you would have to reprogram them. Like I said, a real PItA. I took them took them off and now have no lights, just not worth it.

darn that sucks but thanks for the heads up

DakotaRam

Reaction score
cool, i guess they drilled? do you have the sunroof, seems like drilling is more diff with sunroof, what did they charge?
No sunroof. It’s a truck driver friends truck. Holes were drilled and ordered the harness and lights for a 2500 and mocked up the same position as would go on the 2500. Spacing is that way cause the shark fin is up front on the 2500

Users who are viewing this thread