5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cleaning leather interior

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the black and cattle brown interior and while I found a few threads with some recommendations on cleaning and conditioning, I was wondering if you guys had any input or suggestions on products to steer clear of or positively recommend. I have seen positive reviews on the chemical guys leather cleaner and conditioner system but I also have seen a couple of reviews that it does not do well with tan or orangish leather. In fact one review indicated that the orangish/tan leather was ruined by the product. I have also seen positive reviews on lexol too. Of course, Ram suggests mild soap and water but that does not seem like a proper long term solution to avoid fading and discoloration that the sun and general use will cause.

ramain

Reaction score
Also would like to know as well.

Especially for leather seats in Laramie. Not sure if they are genuine leather or synthetic leather.

Gondul

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"NATURA PLUS LEATHER" Natura seems to indicate a chemical free tanning process.
Still poking around for information...
NATURA Leather

Saddle soap is about as mild as you are going to get, try it on an inconspicuous spot...

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saddle soap is about as mild as you are going to get, try it on an inconspicuous spot...

That's an interesting suggestion. However, I would be concerned with the alkalinity with that type of soap on whatever was used to seal the leather and the leather itself. A lot of the modern day cleaners impress on their PH balanced formula for this reason.

jimk hunt

Reaction score
There is a great detailing forum over on tundra solutions. Several professionals are contributing members. I'm sure there are several others as well...

Reactions: Jtr

Users who are viewing this thread