5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Chrome Tow Hook Kit Install with modified Bezel

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purchased this truck off the lot, it was a 4x4 so I assumed it had tow hooks.

What good is a 4x4 truck without tow hooks?
For that matter what good is a truck that is not 4x4!?! (I digress, and quickly...)

So to rectify the problem, I ordered a Chrome Tow Hook Kit.

The Mopar installation instructions tell you to toss the old bezels but I decided to modify them.

Most pics I have seen on the forum just use the dremel to cut around the edge of the bezels, but I decided to just dremel enough to allow the tow hook to emerge from the bezel.

Back of the bezel after the cut:

Front of the bezel after the cut:

Here what they look like after the Install:

I know that it will limit the access for large pull ropes, but I can still get a tow chain though the hook with the modified bezel.

Here is a great YouTube that CaptainBerz did that helped me through the installation:

Last edited:

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nice, I like how you made the holes just big enough for the tow hooks. That's the way they bezels should be from the factory in my opinion. Here is a second install video as well.

Last edited:

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doing the tow hook installation tomorrow. Bought the bezel though so I dont need to cut out the old one. How long did the install take for anyone who has done it already?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doing the tow hook installation tomorrow. Bought the bezel though so I dont need to cut out the old one. How long did the install take for anyone who has done it already?
Took me 4 hours but half of that time was modifying the bezels.

SColang22

Reaction score
Where did you get the parts?

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Post some pics after the install.

W13NY

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Post some pics after the install.
Fell off today. Pulled off my BigHorn Emblem, installed a Pedal Commander (not a fan), removed Visor warning stickers and detailed the inside and outside of the truck. Will do the tow hooks during the week hopefully. I will post pics when I get to it. Thanks for the info.

Last edited:

tom032060

Reaction score
There is a good you tube video by CaptainBerz explaining the tow hook install. The "distructions" that come with the tow hooks were not very helpful. There is a metal retaining washer attached to the body bolt that must be removed to do the install of the tow hooks. Also, removing the front wheel well panel to gain access to the bolts and bezels were a great help that was suggested in the you tube video.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There is a good you tube video by CaptainBerz explaining the tow hook install. The "distructions" that come with the tow hooks were not very helpful. There is a metal retaining washer attached to the body bolt that must be removed to do the install of the tow hooks. Also, removing the front wheel well panel to gain access to the bolts and bezels were a great help that was suggested in the you tube video.
The CaptainBerz YouTube video is linked at the bottom of my original post.

Users who are viewing this thread