5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas road trip plans with your Ram?

Jtr

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I felt like this would be a fun festive thread. We are all celebrating (and also commiserating to some degree) the fun and trials of breaking in the new RAM gen. I'm driving the new truck for a Christmas family weekend gathering 800 miles round trip with my wife, daughter and two shedding dogs (that interior clean up should be fun, gaaahh ...lol). Destination is to the Chicago burbs so the truck should get some decent city driving (maybe some snow on the way back) and give that e-tourque a good break in, lol. Only have about 200 miles into the truck. Really looking forward to it and crossing my fingers that it will live up to my wishes and be an awesome ride! Merry Christmas!

Gregory.wall

Reaction score
I just drove 330 miles to north Georgia with the bed fully loaded. In the back seat I had two kids and our black lab and in the front my wife and I. The drive was absolutely fantastic! Made it all the way in just over a half tank of gas.

The ride was smooth and I got to stomp on it a few times passing people up in the other lane. I love hearing the HEMI get on it.

Jus Cruisin

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This is the first Christmas in 25 years I haven't driven or flown to Michigan to spend the holidays with my in laws. The truck made that round trip in August. I flew my wife and mother in law (we became her caregiver this year) up to take in the family holiday party, which is today. And, so my mother in law could take care of a general doctor visit and her neurologist for dementia. This coming summer we all will head north and probably have an estate sale and see about get her house sold. Then the holidays will be spent at home in Florida going forward. Christmas day... I'll be playing golf. Supposed to be about 75° and sunny. The Ram will haul the clubs. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread