5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CHMSL-mounted camera?

ericd

Reaction score
The motortrend article stated that some innovations were carried over from RAM including a camera facing into the bed. I'm on my 3rd Longhorn/Limited and I don't remember ever seeing that as an option anywhere. Has anyone had that on a RAM before?

Capture.PNG

Rustydodge

Reaction score
I think they pulled that from FCA media, not realizing it only applies to HDs. May be coming to the 1500 soon?

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
I think they pulled that from FCA media, not realizing it only applies to HDs. May be coming to the 1500 soon?

Most likely. Never seen it as an option on the 1500s, the HDs do have the cargo cam available though.

Gman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The rear camera does allow you to check your trailer connections in-transit, but the bed cam is news to me.

geotex1

Reaction score
The bed cam is awesome, but not available on 1/2-tons. I have it on my 3500 dually. A lot of people have associated it with a "cargo cam," but the intention was really as a convenience for hitching a 5er or goose. When it was introduced you had to elect both the 5er tow prep package and the 8.4 to have it.

john94si

Reaction score
Could HD truck cargo cam be retrofitted to a 1500?

Users who are viewing this thread