5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Charging ports in front and rear not working

BlkLaramie

Reaction score
Hey guys,

new to the forums

i have a 2019 ram 1500 Laramie with the 8.4 u connect.

I have an issue charging my iphone (tried my friends phones, bought new legit Apple chargers) in the front and rear usb and usb-c sockets. (Interior fuse #43).

The only socket that works is the USB port in the Top part of the lid of the center console.

The fuse was not blown and i tried using a new fuse. Didn’t work.
The outlets are drawing something because they charge my juul (e cig).

I’m stumped on this. Nothing was installed to mess with the electrical system. Ofcourse I’m at 44,000 miles so my warranty is shot.
anyone have any advice?

Thanks in advance

JLaramie

Reaction score
I have the same issue with my 2019 Laramie. I've taken it in several times to the dealer and they can't replicate it. When it happens, I can usually drive it for a while and then shut the truck off, restart, and they will work. I actually took it in while they weren't working to show the service advisor and he confirmed the issue. I asked him to note it on my account since I couldn't drop it off at the time. The next time I had it in for service, there was no record of it anywhere. Some of these guys are useless. Anyways, I noticed my issue happens when it's very hot outside. I didn't have any issues after summer. I figured maybe it fixed itself :unsure:. Well here we are today and I went out to my truck, started it up and none of them work. The temperature said 130 on the radio, although I know it wasn't that hot. The actual temperature was about 118 at the time. I drove it for about 20 miles and when I got home, I shut it off, restarted, and still didn't work. I guess that it's the heat. Not sure if this applies to you or not.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Just to confirm, they are still off when the ignition or accessories is turned on?

On some models, the USB ports in the front only operate for 1 hour after the ignition is turned off. They can be reset by turning on the accessories, but again they are only active for 1 hour after ignition is turned off.

For those trucks, also the 12v connector on the top of the dash is off 10 seconds after the ignition/accessories is turned off, it is not part of the 1 hour rule for the USBs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/