5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic tint.

kittyjo

Reaction score
So getting truck finally tinted. Front windshield 70%, front two windows 40% or 20%? and the rest 5% all for 500$ Good deal?

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Doesn't seem unreasonable for ceramic film. Especially if it is a reputable shop, and in your case I would be sure that they are. Extreme caution is needed when tinting the windshields on these trucks. Excess water runoff can go behind the dash and damage the BCM.

kittyjo

Reaction score
Doesn't seem unreasonable for ceramic film. Especially if it is a reputable shop, and in your case I would be sure that they are. Extreme caution is needed when tinting the windshields on these trucks. Excess water runoff can go behind the dash and damage the BCM.
So make sure they put towels down? And tucked down in the dashboard… and yes it’s a good dealer.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That is a great deal. That's less than 1/2 what I paid for my tint job.

As mentioned I would make sure they are a reputable shop and ask them about the windshield. This is what JBowman is referring to:

Tint Warning.jpeg

So make sure they put towels down? And tucked down in the dashboard… and yes it’s a good dealer.
If they are a good dealer then they already have a process to do this. You shouldn't need to give them any guidance.

I asked my shop and they told me that it's no problem and that they'd done quite a few RAMs with no issues. They're confidence was good enough for me.

kittyjo

Reaction score
I’ve had other vehicle done with them Camry and no problems.. So hopefully everything is good again. But I will mention the BCM to see what they say

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ve had other vehicle done with them Camry and no problems.. So hopefully everything is good again. But I will mention the BCM to see what they say
You should be fine. I wasn't trying to deter you from tinting the windshield. Many of us have had it done, myself included. I just wanted to make sure that you were aware so that you could follow up with the shop if needed. If it is a decent shop and they take extra measures you won't have any issues.

LaxDfns15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
No pano for me.. only thing I have to worry about is the dash cameras front and rear and the rain visors..
Yeah I would assume they'd charge about the same for a pano as they would for 2-3 windows. It was the first time I did ceramic, and it was 100% worth it. I'll be getting the rear windows done this spring before it gets too hot. I haven't had any issues with 80% on the windshield with dash cam or rain sensor.

Bigbags85

Reaction score
I got lucky and had mine thrown in for free with the undercoating because I kept telling them that my wife would kill me if I spent as much money as I did on my last car getting it all done haha. It was right at the end of the year so I think they wanted to finish the quarter strong and just kept knocking the price down haha.

brian42

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ouch!!!! That must have hurt the wallet lol
It was not cheap but I got what I paid for. Amazing install job and you have to really look to see that there's tint installed. All the cuts are precision. Plus with a lifetime warranty I don't have to shell out anything if it every peels or bubbles...ever.

When my truck is the "cheapest" in their parking lot I know they probably do good work. Porsches, Mercedes, Tesla, Land Rover...and my RAM.

The only issue now is the giant star/crack in the windshield :mad:. I had it filled by Safelite in hopes to save the windshield as I'm not keen on $200-$300 to re-tint a new windshield.

Users who are viewing this thread