5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic Pro Gold lifetime package

The6lugplug

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the detailer after 3 days of impatiently waiting and I'm absolutely blown away by the results!!! The ceramic pro coating really makes the tri-coat pearl pop like I've never seen before and makes the paint feel and look like glass!!! If your near the Bakersfield,CA area highly recommended detailed detailers. Can't wait to try out the master blaster air dryer I picked up too. Hopefully the water just Flys off and won't have to towel much. Anyone have any tips or recommendations for cleaning a truck after ceramic coating? This is my first vehicle with the coating done.

Attachments

• 61842.jpeg
    61842.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 134
  • 61670.jpeg
    61670.jpeg
    148.9 KB · Views: 139
  • 61661.jpeg
    61661.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 136
  • 61701.jpeg
    61701.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 137

SkeeterRAM

Reaction score
Just got my truck back from the detailer after 3 days of impatiently waiting and I'm absolutely blown away by the results!!! The ceramic pro coating really makes the tri-coat pearl pop like I've never seen before and makes the paint feel and look like glass!!! If your near the Bakersfield,CA area highly recommended detailed detailers. Can't wait to try out the master blaster air dryer I picked up too. Hopefully the water just Flys off and won't have to towel much. Anyone have any tips or recommendations for cleaning a truck after ceramic coating? This is my first vehicle with the coating done.
Ask them. Went to a local shop and they will provide a "How to Wash Your Truck" to make sure I don't mess it up. As in never go thru an automatic wash. Brushless maybe, just as long as nothing touches your truck. You Tube has plenty to offer. There is a thread on exterior that covers your question. I'm also looking at a coating that will make the paint pop. Fella said they could do 10year however the 3year is the one to make it POP. With proper care should be able to get 5years, so sez the professional, that will provide the car wash training. What soap you use (PH), even the towels. Can't wait for class. Gonna get new buckets and everything :)

Good luck. Nice looking truck.

Cajun_

Reaction score
2 bucket method, using a foam cannon and a pressure washer around 1k psi is best. don't use anything with wax in it and try to stay PH neutral. name of the game is use anything with extremely high lubricity if that's a word. Use chemicals to do the hard work for you. w8v2 bug remover, chemical water spot removers (i use adams for this), always use a drying aid. I like OG drying aid from Obsessed garage these days but adams quick detailer and xtream solutions topper works as well. Anything you can do to reduce the amount of time you touch the truck. I personally also use two different microfiber mits, One for the top half of the truck and another for the bumpers and rocker panels. And don't touch the truck for a week or two if possible after you got it back. Use a shampoo without any additives in it like adams car shampoo after 72 hours and that's it.

cervelo15

Reaction score
You’re not only going to love how good it looks, but the time you save cleaning. Ceramic coating takes a multi day process and cuts it down to a couple hours (Could be a little more if you’re OCD like me)

The6lugplug

Reaction score
Thanks for all the great info! really appreciate the support! i did pick up 3 bottles of the ceramic pro after care ill pick up some of these other products as well to help with the cleaning process.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
this is the same company that did my truck.

I use chemical guys wash and no rinse and microfiber towels to dry it off. takes about 6 towels to dry truck.
got it off amazon.

I have a small spray bottle of the cleaner in the truck for bird crap with a microfiber towel

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, I didn't coat this truck yet. I might not with how happy I am with the Griot's stuff I'm currently testing.

On my car that is coated, including the wheels, this is my process:

Wheels first. I have a dedicated bucket and assorted brushes.
  • Rinse with pressure washer.
  • Foam cannon application of P&S Brake Buster on wheels, tires, and fender wells. Let that dwell for a minute or so.
  • Scrub fender wells, tires, and agitate wheels.
  • Rinse, apply GYEON Wet Coat, rinse again.
Paint next.
  • Foam cannon application of Chemical Guys Snow Foam (Honeydew). Rinse and apply again. As soon as I'm done here, I hit the emblems and other tight spaces with a soft brush.
  • Hand wash. I use two buckets, but not traditionally. One bucket is soap and the other is empty. I use 8 wash pads doing a panel at a time. When I'm done, the used mitt goes in the empty bucket and I grab a fresh one for the next panel.
Dry
  • Dry with MetroVac (don't forget the wheels). This gets most of the water off and out of door sills, mirrors, etc.
  • Spray on a drying aid (recently switched to Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine) a panel at a time and dry. I use the Gaunlet towels (30x36 and wheel towel) from The Rag Company.
Glass and Trim
  • I like Invisible Glass.
  • Box method with glass towels from The Rag Company.
  • Hit the trim and tires with Chemical Guys VRP.
Then I move on to the interior. As needed, I'll also give the engine bay and undercarriage a good cleaning before I do the paint.

If it's a hot, sunny day, I'll do this in the shop. If it's cloudy and cool, I always prefer to wash my vehicles outside.

There's probably some other things I do but forgot, and this is my process for my maintenance wash.

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
another thread here

JaylonW

Reaction score
So, I didn't coat this truck yet. I might not with how happy I am with the Griot's stuff I'm currently testing.

On my car that is coated, including the wheels, this is my process:

Wheels first. I have a dedicated bucket and assorted brushes.
  • Foam cannon application of P&S Brake Buster on wheels, tires, and fender wells. Let that dwell for a minute or so.
  • Scrub fender wells, tires, and agitate wheels.
  • Rinse, apply GYEON Wet Coat, rinse again.
Paint next.
  • Foam cannon application of Chemical Guys Snow Foam (Honeydew). Rinse and apply again. As soon as I'm done here, I hit the emblems and other tight spaces with a soft brush.
  • Hand wash. I use two buckets, but not traditionally. One bucket is soap and the other is empty. I use 8 wash pads doing a panel at a time. When I'm done, the used mitt goes in the empty bucket and I grab a fresh one for the next panel.
Dry
  • Dry with MetroVac (don't forget the wheels). This gets most of the water off and out of door sills, mirrors, etc.
  • Spray on a drying aid (recently switched to Griot's Ceramic Speed Shine) a panel at a time and dry. I use the Gaunlet towels (30x36 and wheel towel) from The Rag Company.
Glass and Trim
  • I like Invisible Glass.
  • Box method with glass towels from The Rag Company.
  • Hit the trim and tires with Chemical Guys VRP.
Then I move on to the interior. As needed, I'll also give the engine bay and undercarriage a good cleaning before I do the paint.

If it's a hot, sunny day, I'll do this in the shop. If it's cloudy and cool, I always prefer to wash my vehicles outside.

There's probably some other things I do but forgot, and this is my process for my maintenance wash.
I typically follow the same process after my ceramic coat ... my biggest issue is true no sling tire shine. Any suggestions?

Attachments

• 20220610_184916.jpg
    20220610_184916.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220610_172944.jpg
    20220610_172944.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 20220610_172836.jpg
    20220610_172836.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20220610_184912.jpg
    20220610_184912.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 32
  • 20220610_172832.jpg
    20220610_172832.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 32

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I typically follow the same process after my ceramic coat ... my biggest issue is true no sling tire shine. Any suggestions?
Haven't had any issues with VRP slinging.

Also going to try out the Optimum Opti-Bond gel.

cervelo15

Reaction score
Try the new TurtleWax Graphene tire shine….it has a matte finish and doesn’t sling the tire shine all over the place after applying. It actually dries in 5 mins

Users who are viewing this thread