5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ceramic coating on glass?

MilehighRam

Reaction score
Ill be ceramic coating my truck with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light in the next week or 2. I have googled this but not found any definitive answers: can you put ceramic coatings on your windshield/windows? I believe you can, but would like to be certain.

Dusty1948

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ill be ceramic coating my truck with Gtechniq Crystal Serum Light in the next week or 2. I have googled this but not found any definitive answers: can you put ceramic coatings on your windshield/windows? I believe you can, but would like to be certain.
Yes you can, but I believe I saw a warning against it if you have Automatic Highbeam feature.

Best regards,
Dusty
2019 Ram 1500 Billet Silver Laramie Quad Cab 2WD, 5.7 Hemi, 8HP75, 3.21 axle, 33 gallon fuel tank, factory dual exhaust, 18” wheels. Build date: 17 July 2018. Now at: 030997 miles.

MilehighRam

Reaction score
I'd like to use what will be leftover from my Gtechniq CSL. If it interferes with auto high beams, I probably wont put it on the windshield (even though I dont use this feature). Maybe on the rest of the glass?

Timeless

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'd like to use what will be leftover from my Gtechniq CSL. If it interferes with auto high beams, I probably wont put it on the windshield (even though I dont use this feature). Maybe on the rest of the glass?

Too lazy to ceramic coat this vehicle so far...but I did Carpro reload everything including the glass with no issues.

GraniteRam

Reaction score
I used leftover Cquartz UK 3.0 on my side and rear glass. Used an actual glass coating from carpro on the windshield.

pabla

Reaction score
Replied to you in another thread, but Ive read that its not recommended to put CSL on windows. I think it causes a lot of haze, I have their windshield coating on my Limited and other cars equipped with auto high beams and have absolutely no issues with it.

Users who are viewing this thread