5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEO Teases Ram Revolution Concept, an Electric Ram 1500 Pickup, Will Debut Soon!

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Maybe the concept sketch has the proportions a little skewed. It's like invisible hands are pressing it together on the front and rear the way I see it. Not a fan of the signature lights but maybe the real photos will be better indications of the production vehicle.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe the concept sketch has the proportions a little skewed. It's like invisible hands are pressing it together on the front and rear the way I see it. Not a fan of the signature lights but maybe the real photos will be better indications of the production vehicle.

I believe that's artist's rendering from MotorTrend. However, the CEO did say this..."It will open up a lot of eyeballs," Ram brand CEO Mike Koval Jr. tells MotorTrend in an interview. The EV is going for a dramatic, sleek, and modern look to differentiate it from the conventional truck lineup.

I'm with you. I don't want my truck to look like something from Star Wars. I'm not opposed to owning an electric truck and if I'm ever in the market for one, I would lean toward the Lightning based on how it looks compared to the other electric trucks.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
So will it make a lame vroom vroom sound like the electric Charger?🤔

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Why can't we just make these vehicles look like traditional trucks? Ford seems to be the only manufacturer that gets i
I agree, I don't like the one piece body on a pickup truck, just makes it look like an SUV with the roof cut off the back.

Grape_Ape

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yeah I don't understand the angle behind the cab.. why???
I can only guess that it must be some kind of structural rigidity because it's a unibody design vs body on frame. Maybe with the new side impact testing the NHTSA is doing it was additional motivation. Who knows.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can only guess that it must be some kind of structural rigidity because it's a unibody design vs body on frame. Maybe with the new side impact testing the NHTSA is doing it was additional motivation. Who knows.
The do that for extra body rigidity on pickups with a one piece body. AKA Chevy Avalanche and Ridgeline had the same thing, even the El Camino had it.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The new Silverado EV does it also. Why not do cab and bed separate? That increases articulation for off-pavement use too. I agree, Ford had the right idea with their truck.

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The new Silverado EV does it also. Why not do cab and bed separate? That increases articulation for off-pavement use too. I agree, Ford had the right idea with their truck.
Because a unibody design makes a huge difference in overall weight. EV's need every bit of weight savings they can get.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Because a unibody design makes a huge difference in overall weight. EV's need every bit of weight savings they can get.
And this truck is supposed to have a range of 500 miles, far greater than Ford. I actually like the design of the new Chevy and RAM. Why does every truck have to look like a conventional pickup truck??? I’d buy the Chevy or RAM over a Ford any day.

Last edited:

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And this truck is supposed to have a range of 500 miles, far greater than Ford. I actually like the design of the new Chevy and RAM. Why does every truck have to look like a conventional pickup truck??? I’d buy the Chevy or RAM over a Ford any day.

Yeah but the issue with that is the additional range on EVs costs tens of thousands of dollars. On my '22 Ram the additional range was $495.

The Silverado EV boasts 400 miles of range, but only on the RST trim ($105,000) or as a super expensive option on some other future trims (Trail Boss, possibly WT). On the F-150 Lightning, going from 230 miles of range to 300 miles of range adds $21,000 to the XLT trim (!). It's absolutely insane.

Point being, a 500-mile Ram EV will be priced out of range (no pun intended) for 98% of the buyers in the market. You're talking a six-figure truck. At $50k more than I paid for my '22 Laramie I can buy 16,500 gallons of gasoline, enough to run my Laramie for 18 years.

There is no situation where these EV trucks make sense, but I digress..........

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Yeah but the issue with that is the additional range on EVs costs tens of thousands of dollars. On my '22 Ram the additional range was $495.

The Silverado EV boasts 400 miles of range, but only on the RST trim ($105,000) or as a super expensive option on some other future trims (Trail Boss, possibly WT). On the F-150 Lightning, going from 230 miles of range to 300 miles of range adds $21,000 to the XLT trim (!). It's absolutely insane.

Point being, a 500-mile Ram EV will be priced out of range (no pun intended) for 98% of the buyers in the market. You're talking a six-figure truck. At $50k more than I paid for my '22 Laramie I can buy 16,500 gallons of gasoline, enough to run my Laramie for 18 years.

I am not disagreeing with anything you said. I am not an EV fan either.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

That larger fuel tank on your Ram may have cost <$500, but it didn’t come with an insane performance increase. (It’s not just extra range you’re getting with some of these high-end EV models.)

Users who are viewing this thread