5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Center console light control

Fshbwl

Reaction score
Hey All,

In my 13 Laramie I had a tiny light that was on all the time (or just at night) that would give some ambient light over the center console. My 19 Rebel has this little light as well but I can only seem to get it to turn on when I push the button that turns all the interior lights on.

Anyone know if I can get this to stay on all the time?

Cheers,
Craig

mjmike

Reaction score
Hey All,

In my 13 Laramie I had a tiny light that was on all the time (or just at night) that would give some ambient light over the center console. My 19 Rebel has this little light as well but I can only seem to get it to turn on when I push the button that turns all the interior lights on.

Anyone know if I can get this to stay on all the time?

Cheers,
Craig

There is a brightness control switch for this light located next to the dash dimmer control. It also acts as an on/off switch.

Fshbwl

Reaction score
There is a brightness control switch for this light located next to the dash dimmer control. It also acts as an on/off switch.

So the control does turn it on but it also dims the dash lights when you do so, which is unnecessary. Shame cause it was a nice feature in my 13.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So the control does turn it on but it also dims the dash lights when you do so, which is unnecessary. Shame cause it was a nice feature in my 13.
It's two seperate controls, your dash should not be dimmed by the console dimmer.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dumb Question - but not dumb yet, as I do not have my truck until mid-week. How do you turn on the top of cab truck bed light? Is it on one of the 2 rhetoric dials that dim the dash lights? It it on the top console? Just curious. My Avalanche's upper bed light did not have a manual on switch It only went on when the dome exit lights went on at night. Was kinda useless.

maddog49

Reaction score
Dumb Question - but not dumb yet, as I do not have my truck until mid-week. How do you turn on the top of cab truck bed light? Is it on one of the 2 rhetoric dials that dim the dash lights? It it on the top console? Just curious. My Avalanche's upper bed light did not have a manual on switch It only went on when the dome exit lights went on at night. Was kinda useless.
Its located inside your rotary knob for your headlights. On button for your bed lights and the second for your fog lamps.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I just got my truck today and I'm wondering what the two rolling switches are to the left of the steering wheel. I know the one on the right controls the Deming of the dashboard. But what does the one on the left do? I thought it would set the brightness or dim the interior lights but it doesn't seem to do it. It sounds like somebody mentioned it had something to do with that small little white square light at the top center console but I don't see it doing anything there either. Anyone know what the light dial wheel does to the left of the steering wheel to the right of the headlights those two dial switches I'm talking about the one on the left. Did I mention I was talking about the one on the left. Lol

Keemosabe

Reaction score
So I just got my truck today and I'm wondering what the two rolling switches are to the left of the steering wheel. I know the one on the right controls the Deming of the dashboard. But what does the one on the left do? I thought it would set the brightness or dim the interior lights but it doesn't seem to do it. It sounds like somebody mentioned it had something to do with that small little white square light at the top center console but I don't see it doing anything there either. Anyone know what the light dial wheel does to the left of the steering wheel to the right of the headlights those two dial switches I'm talking about the one on the left. Did I mention I was talking about the one on the left. Lol
You got it. Awesome! The 2nd controls your ambient lighting level.

ramButz

Ram Guru
Reaction score

i had and "avalanche"also 2007

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You got it. Awesome! The 2nd controls your ambient lighting level.
Yep, sure did! I'll post pics soon, it was cloudy yesterday.

What does the ambient lighting level change? I didn't notice any change. Does it adjust the interior lights?

Keemosabe

Reaction score
Yep, sure did! I'll post pics soon, it was cloudy yesterday.

What does the ambient lighting level change? I didn't notice any change. Does it adjust the interior lights?
The ambient lighting is subtle. It has to be dark to see it at all. Look in the footwells, also at your door handles inside, the narrow gap above your glove box and there are thin openings on the back door panels s well.

Users who are viewing this thread