5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CEL comes on and goes into limp mode

Polarman101

Reaction score
My 2016 Ram 1500 Sport just went into limp mode and the cel came on. No other information is being offered in the display. I don’t have a OBD reader, and don’t want to take it 50 miles in limp mode to pay for a mechanic to tell me ”turn the key from “Off to Run five times “ or something like that. Any suggestions?

jmt8706

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Without any info, or details, it could be anything. Best to get it checked for codes and go from there. Maybe add the conditions it happened in.

Polarman101

Reaction score
My 2016 Ram 1500 Sport just went into limp mode and the cel came on. No other information is being offered in the display. I don’t have a OBD reader, and don’t want to take it 50 miles in limp mode to pay for a mechanic to tell me ”turn the key from “Off to Run five times “ or something like that. Any suggestions?

Polarman101

Reaction score
It was in the first snowfall of the season slippery all over but I wasn’t spinning my tires excessively, just a second or two, on occasion at stoplights and intersections. As soon as the tires star to lose traction, I eased off the throttle. Not wanting to make more ice on the road. I know spinning the tires on snow is a waste of time

Users who are viewing this thread