5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CCV & Catch can???

Sharpen

Reaction score
Shouldn't this go into a catch too,instead of dumping right into my intake??

bigwhttrk19dt

Reaction score
So basically this ...Catch Can...is the same as what ole timers use to call a "crankcase & valve cover" evacuation system to avert oily gases from returning thru the intake, re-mixing with the air/fuel, to be burned to support clean burning " ? Like the pcv valve eliminator I have on a 1970 440 that has the crankcase gases going into a catch can, and the catch can has a bottom end petcock for draining.
Are the instructions with the Mishimoto can definitive enough to make it a feasible Saturday morn mechanic add ? What about comments on a truck under factory warranty from a service mnager ? Inputs are sincerely appreciated.

Attachments

• engineWITHelec.jpg
    engineWITHelec.jpg
    262.9 KB · Views: 41

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Any made for hemi CC system is easy install. I’ve yet to hear about any issues with warranty. If you don’t drain it and it is the cause of a issue that’s a different situation.

Users who are viewing this thread