5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CAUGHT: We Get Our First Look At The Ram 1500 Battery-Electric Pickup!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

CAUGHT: We Get Our First Look At The Ram 1500 Battery-Electric Pickup!​

Expect To See A Conceptual Version Next Month...​

1666817449135.png

For the first time, spy photographers have captured a Ram 1500 BEV (battery-electric vehicle) prototype in the open. Sitting atop the STLA Frame architecture, Ram chose a 2021 Ram 1500 Big Horn Crew Cab body with a 6-foot, 4-inch box for this mule. An evolution of the Ram 1500 DT platform, the updated STLA Frame platform was designed and engineered to offer flexibility for internal combustion engine (ICE), hybrid electric vehicle (HEV), plug-in hybrid electric vehicle (PHEV), and BEV variants in various widths and lengths accommodating multiple applications.

djevox

VP of Creative Thinking
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ground-breaking design aside, I can’t help but notice that REPB is absent from that list. I’m guessing the REPB will be a later reveal? That being said, it would be hard to say no to 1320hp (tri-motor config).

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ground-breaking design aside, I can’t help but notice that REPB is absent from that list. I’m guessing the REPB will be a later reveal? That being said, it would be hard to say no to 1320hp (tri-motor config).
The electric motors are impressive, but the motors are the easy part - it's the battery that matters. Unless Ram has truly innovative batteries, this truck will disappoint in the real world, just as the F150 Lightning & Hummer EV1 have been huge disappointments so far.
It's the REPB that will be interesting.

Scram1500

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
What's the payload? Will there be enough to carry the self righteousness one feels when saving the planet?

2021EcoDiesel

Reaction score
I really hope they make it look similar to the normal Ram DT. Aerodynamics are one thing, but it would still be nice if it looked like a truck, not a big partially melted SUV with a pickup box. either way, excited to see the potential future of Ram Trucks!

Raydar

Reaction score
Just one observation. I hope the production model doesn't have the silly high beltline side windows which we have all come to know and love about the Camaro. :rolleyes:
Yeah. I get it. "Aerodynamics, and bla, bla, bla..." Still.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just one observation. I hope the production model doesn't have the silly high beltline side windows which we have all come to know and love about the Camaro. :rolleyes:
Yeah. I get it. "Aerodynamics, and bla, bla, bla..." Still.
Trust me...it won't!

Users who are viewing this thread