5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven R Muffler w/stock resonators?

judsonlimited

Reaction score
Does anyone have this setup? Not the competitor series you can buy from carven, i'm talking about the muffler swap only. I don't want it too loud i just want to be able hear a nice sweet hemi not when i step on it. My girlfriend has a 4th gen and i did a Borla XR-1 custom cat-back at a shop here in houston, it sounds nice, but its too loud for my taste. I had a Carven TR on my chevy and i thought it was perfect so i can attest to the carven reputation. I just want to know if anyone has this set up.

Thanks

P.S. a clip of the 4th gen with the XR-1:

Jhall

Reaction score
Does anyone have this setup? Not the competitor series you can buy from carven, i'm talking about the muffler swap only. I don't want it too loud i just want to be able hear a nice sweet hemi not when i step on it. My girlfriend has a 4th gen and i did a Borla XR-1 custom cat-back at a shop here in houston, it sounds nice, but its too loud for my taste. I had a Carven TR on my chevy and i thought it was perfect so i can attest to the carven reputation. I just want to know if anyone has this set up.

Thanks

P.S. a clip of the 4th gen with the XR-1:

I have the muffler cut and clamp system from Carven and I like it. It is loud on initial start up but does quiet down as it warms up. I have tried it with and without resonators and prefer with (too loud). Sounds great accelerating and not load at all at 65-70 mph.

Cross88

Reaction score
I also have just a carven muffler swap with all resonators still intact. Not sure what series carven, had it done at a local shop and can’t remember. But like stated above, has a good rumble at start up, and definitely loud when you get on it but at cruising speed it’s hardly noticeable. Towing also produces a slight rumble but not obnoxious, you can still easily have a conversation in the cab.

Users who are viewing this thread