5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Carven competitor series vs Flowmaster Outlaw direct fit

Duster

Reaction score
Down to these 2 mufflers now just have to decide witch one I should order any help out there I want my truck to sound really good deep sound and loud
Thanks

5thGenRebel_AMK

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Down to these 2 mufflers now just have to decide witch one I should order any help out there I want my truck to sound really good deep sound and loud
Thanks
for what it's worth, i had the carven competitor on my 4th gen. it sounded awesome - quality was great, and bolted in really snug without any leaks. cant speak for the flowmaster outlaw, but i'm running the flowmaster resonator deletes on my current 5th gen and im really annoyed at the lack of quality on their exhaust tips. The bolts are awful and have rusted and bent at the clamp, the welds were weak and separated from the tip. i've never been impressed with anything from flowmaster and would stay away from them

19TXLimited

Reaction score
I have a Borla Crate Muffler and resonator delete on mine. Cost was just under $500 for all. Haven't been able to get the resonator delete pipes from B2Fab and tips installed as the pipes are at my office which has been deemed off limits.

So far I am not experiencing any drone after removing the rear resonators. I would recommend this setup to anyone. Nice deep sound and rumble at idle, startup and cruising. Gets nice and loud when you get on the pedal.

Here is a link to videos. https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/b2fab-resonator-delete-kit.18484/page-3

Post # 51 in the link.

I apologize as the video was taken on an iPhone XS Maxx and I was standing in the garage. The videos do not do the exhaust justice and I plan to take more once I get the delete pipes and factory tips back on.

NewTruckWhoDis

Reaction score
I went with the Carven Competitor based on listening to a bunch of videos on youtube and reading a bunch on here. I was honestly worried that the competitor would be too aggressive based on everything I was reading, but that is not the case at all. In fact, I would almost rather it be louder/deeper at all ranges (idle, cruising, WOT). For what it costs though, it is hard to beat the Carven.
If I had to do it again, I would probably spend the extra money and get the full borla system.

Carven pros:
- Cheap
- Very easy to install (requires one cut with reciprocating saw)
- Great sound when revving while parked (very aggressive, lots of pops, sounds like a race truck)
- No drone in cab at any speed (except when MDS kicks in, but that is all exhaust as far as I am concerned)
- Very low sound when cruising

Cons:
- Idle sound could be deeper
- Not as much and not as deep burble as I would like
- Very low sound when cruising

Users who are viewing this thread