5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay will not work

Matty2010

Reaction score
My CarPlay stopped coming up as an option and when checking the USB sources all it says is USB ERROR even when the cable is not connected. Any tips for getting this fixed?

TheDutchRAM

Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone? Running on the latest IOS version?
Also try to change the setting to enable USB accessories under Touch ID and Access Code settings. That worked for me.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
Do you have an iPhone? Running on the latest IOS version?
Also try to change the setting to enable USB accessories under Touch ID and Access Code settings. That worked for me.
It may be coincidence. That setting does not include CarPlay, which will independently ask if you want to allow when locked, regardless of the setting you mentioned.

More than likely it's the USB hub. It's a known issue which a lot of us here have. In my case, all USB ports stop working at the same time, I know this because it also happens to my music thumb drive.

TheDutchRAM

Reaction score
It may be coincidence. That setting does not include CarPlay, which will independently ask if you want to allow when locked, regardless of the setting you mentioned.

More than likely it's the USB hub. It's a known issue which a lot of us here have. In my case, all USB ports stop working at the same time, I know this because it also happens to my music thumb drive.
Yeah might be. For some reason Carplay stopped working for me and this was the fix. Maybe the pending IOS update was causing trouble.

in this case a faulty USB hub might be the culprit indeed.

Matty2010

Reaction score
Yeah might be. For some reason Carplay stopped working for me and this was the fix. Maybe the pending IOS update was causing trouble.

in this case a faulty USB hub might be the culprit indeed.

Im thinking that probably is my issue also. I have an appointment on Monday to have it checked and replaced. Thanks for the reply!

Matty2010

Reaction score
Im thinking that probably is my issue also. I have an appointment on Monday to have it checked and replaced. Thanks for the reply!
Got it squared away. Dealer had to do a factory reset on my head unit to get the USB ports back to functional, then installed available updates. Only took five and a half hours.

Users who are viewing this thread