5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay stops Uconnect Navigation

Mesteve

Reaction score
I just picked up the new truck last night, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to stop CarPlay from taking over the navigation... There is a popup asking if I want to use CarPlay or Uconnect, but it still stops the programmed trip...

Also, once plugged in, is there a way to get back to Connect navigation on the split screen? Pressing home up in the corner puts CarPlay on the top.

Thanks.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did it before by pure accident. I don't recall exactly what I did, but it can be fooled. Try this (or some variation):

1. Connect Carplay and select to navigate with it.... then unplug your phone. This step is only needed so when you get back into Carplay in the next steps, it'll default to whatever nav app you're using.

2. With phone unplugged, navigate with Uconnect.

3. Also with phone unplugged, make sure your nav app on the phone is still running. Plug it back into the vehicle and select Carplay.

Users who are viewing this thread