5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay shuts down

LegallyStupid

Reaction score
I do not use CarPlay very often, but I noticed it disconnect or shut down.

I have my iPhone connected and I am using Google maps for my navigation. In this scenario, I have never seen a problem. If I receive a phone call (during Navigation), when the call ends, I notice CarPlay stops working. The icon no longer shows CarPlay, but Phone. My iPhone will still be running the navigation, but I won't have any audible guidance. As soon as I unplug and reconnect the phone, the Navigation picks back up on the 8.4 Display.

I don't recall what the iOS version is, but I am up to date. 2 updates ago I saw pertained to CarPlay fixes, but still acting up.

RHut

Reaction score
I do not use CarPlay very often, but I noticed it disconnect or shut down.

I have my iPhone connected and I am using Google maps for my navigation. In this scenario, I have never seen a problem. If I receive a phone call (during Navigation), when the call ends, I notice CarPlay stops working. The icon no longer shows CarPlay, but Phone. My iPhone will still be running the navigation, but I won't have any audible guidance. As soon as I unplug and reconnect the phone, the Navigation picks back up on the 8.4 Display.

I don't recall what the iOS version is, but I am up to date. 2 updates ago I saw pertained to CarPlay fixes, but still acting up.
Same issue

Once it “goes away” it won’t come back unless you turn off and restart 5he engine

silver64

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Have either of you taken this up with the dealer? If so is there a resolution?

Lawrence2479

Reaction score
I’ve had the same issues. When I took it to the dealer they check for updates & basically threw their hands up after that. Seems like a quality control issue.

kittyjo

Reaction score
I have video proof that my screen freezes up.... will they still deny to fix it or replace the hub? Once I disconnected the battery and plug it back in it works but only for short time then when playing Spotify or switching back from map to Spotify it glitches and plays back 2seconds.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
They did for me. They specifically said they couldn’t replicate it but I was firm and said it keeps happening and they just ordered and replaced it. It is a pretty well documented problem.

bigwidge

Reaction score
I have a "similar" issue with this when I first get into my truck and plug my iPhone in. When I get in and plug my phone in, it shows that carplay is available on the screen. When I push the Carplay button it goes to a screen that says "Carplay Is Loading, Please Wait", but then it just kicks itself out and the Carplay icon disappears.
Plugging my phone in a second time always seems to stick, but it's odd that it's happening.

I've gotten in the habit now of just plugging my phone in, unplugging, then replugging each time I get in the vehicle... but it definitely isn't right.

Also worth noting that I'm on iOS 13 beta. So it very well could be an issue on Apple's end.

Neurobit

RAM Sorcerer
Reaction score
I have a "similar" issue with this when I first get into my truck and plug my iPhone in. When I get in and plug my phone in, it shows that carplay is available on the screen. When I push the Carplay button it goes to a screen that says "Carplay Is Loading, Please Wait", but then it just kicks itself out and the Carplay icon disappears.
Plugging my phone in a second time always seems to stick, but it's odd that it's happening.

I've gotten in the habit now of just plugging my phone in, unplugging, then replugging each time I get in the vehicle... but it definitely isn't right.

Also worth noting that I'm on iOS 13 beta. So it very well could be an issue on Apple's end.
I had this same issue, and they upgraded the UConnect software when I had the truck in for recall last week, and it has (almost) fixed the issue. Used to be every time I plugged my phone, now it only does this sporadically. Perhaps 10% of the time.

I am on iOS 13 beta 3 BTW.

Users who are viewing this thread