5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CarPlay - Radio reboots while using the phone through CarPlay

JWH2019

Reaction score
I just purchased by 2019 RAM Rebel a little over a month ago.... I recently started using the CarPlay side of the radio for phone calls, responding to text etc. During the phone call the radio in split screen goes to black leaving the CarPlay portion on briefly then completely reboots the radio. After a trip to the dealership which mentioned they had a bulletin relating to the radio which I am sad to say did not fix the problem... moments from leaving the dealership and while on the phone via CarPlay..... complete reboot again. I have not experienced the reboot while only in Bluetooth mode so far. I have noticed that it ask (even after setting up the phone) if I want to make the iPhone my primary randomly or that the phone has not been paired. Is there a fix??? I am using the iPhone XS Max iOS 13.1.2 (recently updated) - problem existed before the iOS update as well.

Geobound

Reaction score
You're not alone on this, I have the exact same problem.

It was suggested to plug your phone into the USB port for Apple Car Play before you turn your truck on. This has helped me 80% of the time, but it still has a problem for the other 20%.

Hopefully next week I will have time to pass by the dealer and get it sorted out.

Let us know how you get on with your problem.

Users who are viewing this thread