5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Car drier advise?

Toecat

Reaction score
Has anyone tried any of the car driers? I’d like to find something to blow the water out of my mirrors after a wash. I use a leaf blower on my motorcycle but would have some trouble moving it around a truck. The driers I’ve seen online range from $85 to $400. Thanks

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I hear ya there!! For the hidden parts I’ll use my air compressor. Or even my shop vac, which does impressively well

392DCGC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Air compressor hose. Battery powered leaf blower. Good quality clean microfiber towel with a drying aid of some sort (like Opti-Seal, which is also a sealant). Spot-free water rinse and just let it air dry. And if you're using a hose, you can also (mostly) dry the car with water, assuming the paint is in decent shape and is protected/lubricated.

BTK20

Reaction score
I have had good luck "drying" the car with water followed by an ELECTRIC leaf blower. A gas one is not recommended because you can get a lot of exhaust contaminants.

Bluesurf

Reaction score
I use a Hitachi gas leaf blower on all my cars, especially when the pollen pours out of the trees. It works flawlessly with all the power you can need. In the last 6 years I never had any damage using it.
I had paid $95.00 on sale at Lowes.

Last edited:

chrisnack

Reaction score
The Masterblaster is pretty amazing, my brother has one, but i haven't bothered to get one yet. It's $390, but works better than any leaf blower or air compressor ever will.

Users who are viewing this thread