5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't pair phone anymore.

Klute

Reaction score
Very odd, my Samsung S8 phone has been paired for months, not suddenly it will not connect and it does not even show that is was ever paired.

OK, no problem, just pair it again, right?

Well, when I put radio in pairing mode, the phone finds it as 'Uconnect'. When I select 'Uconnect' nothing happens. No response from the phone to enter PIN# from the radio screen.

Pretty sure this is an issue with the phone and not the head unit.

Any ideas folks?

TIA

Klute

Reaction score
Well, it sounds really stupid, but I read on-line to turn on airplane mode and turn back on. This allows me to select Uconnect to pair, but there was another problem. Before I could respond to the pairing message on the phone Android Auto would pop up OVER the pairing acceptance button. So, I had to uninstall AA, pair the phone and then re-install AA. Kinda of a waste of time.

Bearman95

Reaction score
Totally delete Uconnect from your phone and start over! It worked for me on my 2018 jeep JL Rubicon. I have an iPhone!

Users who are viewing this thread