5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't hear google on Android Auto

NoCrow

Reaction score
Hey guys.

First off I've never used any kind of forum so sorry if I do it wrong.

I just picked up a 2019 Ram Laramie with the 12" unconnect. At first when I plugged my phone I would activate microphone for voice control and it would listen but not do anything. Then listen again. Then it seemed to work fine like one time. I heard Google respond.
Now when I try Google voice control I hear super super quiet audio from what sounds like a speaker on the floor will of the driver. It's so incredibly quiet you can't hear it if the truck is running.
I never had any issues with my 2018 1500. I'm using a Samsung Salaxy s20 Ultra. Thanks for any help

phenegar

Reaction score
There are two separate volumes. When running Android Auto long press the steering wheel button to access the Google Assistant. When it responds (you will see the colored dots on the screen and maybe hear the very low volume you referenced) turn up the volume knob. You will now be adjusting the Android Auto volume. You have to adjust the Android Auto volume when it is speaking to you. Any other time and you will be adjusting the radio volume.

Same thing applies when you are on a Bluetooth phone call. While you are talking to someone adjust the volume knob and it will be adjusting the call volume. You should notice that the icon in the volume bar has a handset so you know which volume you are adjusting. Hope this helps.

NoCrow

Reaction score
There are two separate volumes. When running Android Auto long press the steering wheel button to access the Google Assistant. When it responds (you will see the colored dots on the screen and maybe hear the very low volume you referenced) turn up the volume knob. You will now be adjusting the Android Auto volume. You have to adjust the Android Auto volume when it is speaking to you. Any other time and you will be adjusting the radio volume.

Same thing applies when you are on a Bluetooth phone call. While you are talking to someone adjust the volume knob and it will be adjusting the call volume. You should notice that the icon in the volume bar has a handset so you know which volume you are adjusting. Hope this helps.

Yes that was it thank you. I was losing my mind. I knew it had to be something stupid simple lol.

Users who are viewing this thread