5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cant figure out media problem

Leviathon133

Reaction score
So on my nav unit. Ive been trying to get android auto to work to no avail. All 3 usb ports will charge, but not sync for any kind of media. Ive checked my phone, gotten a good solid cable, disconnected the battery, reset the radio nothing. I feel like there's something I'm missing since the front usb ports and the 3rd media port for the back seat all dont sync media except charge.

For what its worth u have a galaxy note 10+

boxman

Reaction score
There are options in your Uconnect settings that control what happens when you use the USB ports. You can toggle on/off Android Auto. If I remember, correctly, you can toggle USB to be charge only. This may be why ports aren't working for media. Look in device settings. Also don't connect your phone with a cable while checking. Just use phone on Bluetooth.
If these settings are the problem, you may have to shut down , and restart for settings to take effect.
Also holding in power button (volume knob) for 10-15 seconds resets the uconnect.

Leviathon133

Reaction score
There are options in your Uconnect settings that control what happens when you use the USB ports. You can toggle on/off Android Auto. If I remember, correctly, you can toggle USB to be charge only. This may be why ports aren't working for media. Look in device settings. Also don't connect your phone with a cable while checking. Just use phone on Bluetooth.
If these settings are the problem, you may have to shut down , and restart for settings to take effect.
Also holding in power button (volume knob) for 10-15 seconds resets the uconnect.
So an update to this, one day it randomly started working, now i get a message on my phone saying its available but i plug in and it tells me to either try a different port or use a different cable. tried all of that. cable is brand new.

boxman

Reaction score
So an update to this, one day it randomly started working, now i get a message on my phone saying its available but i plug in and it tells me to either try a different port or use a different cable. tried all of that. cable is brand new.

That is a strange issue! Mine still has some gremlins, such as periodically losing all radio presets. But I've been able to resolve most other issues.
Good Luck.

Users who are viewing this thread