5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can you turn off Alexa?

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just got my truck and I'm still in the trial period. I'd prefer to now have Alexa listening. Anyone know if you can turn it off? Or if Alexa goes away if you don't renew the connected services after the trial ends?

Scap

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be able to kill it in the menu settings.

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Log out of amazon…. Then it can’t work. You can delete the device in Amazon, as well as Uconnect
You can remove Alexa from the top line of shortcuts, but I don't think you can totally delete the app from UC5, or at least I haven't found a way to delete it.

Last edited:

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you have never activated it, it doesn't matter. The Alexa app on my UC5 is not hooked to anything. I just wanted the shortcut off of the shortcut bar at the top of the screen.

EcodieselDave

Reaction score
Log out of amazon…. Then it can’t work. You can delete the device in Amazon, as well as Uconnect
I want the alexa icon gone or turned off completely if you can't remove that Icon button. It randomly here's a noise that thinks it's someone saying alexa interrupts Nav radio whatever & annoying! If it's QUIET.

If bumped It says needs internet connection wants you to subscribe to the ridiculous expensive data plan!

Truck won't use phone mobile hotspot data plus I JUST WANT ALEXA OFF ALWAYS or disabled completely

Can not Find in any menu setting in my set profile to change this anywhere

Any help be appreciated

U connect staff is a joke they just read off a screen if they ever respond or pick up the phone that is

Sorry to come across negatively if it reads that way

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I want the alexa icon gone or turned off completely if you can't remove that Icon button. It randomly here's a noise that thinks it's someone saying alexa interrupts Nav radio whatever & annoying! If it's QUIET.

If bumped It says needs internet connection wants you to subscribe to the ridiculous expensive data plan!

Truck won't use phone mobile hotspot data plus I JUST WANT ALEXA OFF ALWAYS or disabled completely

Can not Find in any menu setting in my set profile to change this anywhere

Any help be appreciated

U connect staff is a joke they just read off a screen if they ever respond or pick up the phone that is

Sorry to come across negatively if it reads that way
Have you ever hooked up Alexa to Amazon in your truck? I have not. I can say Alexa in my truck and nothing happens. But then, I don;t use phone mobile hotspot data. You can remove the icon from the top shortcut bar and you can remove it from your home screen since the screens are fully customizable. But I think it will always be in the APP screen.

EcodieselDave

Reaction score
Have you ever hooked up Alexa to Amazon in your truck? I have not. I can say Alexa in my truck and nothing happens. But then, I don;t use phone mobile hotspot data. You can remove the icon from the top shortcut bar and you can remove it from your home screen since the screens are fully customizable. But I think it will always be in the APP screen.
I used it when it was free the 1st 3 months, but when data used up immediately I wasn't going to pay 10 bucks per 1GB.

It's deleted from Amazon

How do you remove it from the Top short cut bar or home screen?

Any images you can share? I'm pretty techy with these units but cannot figure this out at all !!!

Really appreciate this

wegasque

Ram Guru
Reaction score
In the middle of the shortcut bar, there's two horizontal lines. Drag those lines down to the bottom of the screen. That gets you to the screen where you can customize shortcuts. Thn you can press and drag Alexa down off the top row and release it on a blank portion of the screen. @darksteel had some images in another thread showing the procedure. I'll see if I can find them.

EcodieselDave

Reaction score
Hey that worked, did NOT work before for some reason??
There is 8 options to chose from surrounding cam, device manager, off road pages, outside temp, alexa, wifi etc..
Is only having chosing from those 8 options normal?
Be neat of one could choose from the Favorites I have starred & could move weather up there

Has anyone ever seen the software actually update in their truck with the 2023 U connect 5? Mine always just says checking for updates but nothing occurs

Now I wish there was a way that one could use Mobile Hotspot from a cell phone to give the Truck Data/internet, the at&t is junk & way to expensive to pay for

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
On a related note….

Users who are viewing this thread