5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can use some help on entering trailer into

Sidewinder2

Reaction score
I read several threads on towing on this site and successfully picked up a new trailer yesterday. We had wind warnings and I had four grades to contend with but the Ram performed perfectly. The manual advised to tow at 55 for the first 500 miles and I had no problems up the grade and 57 was the highest speed down and I never touched the brakes. However, I could not navigate the info screen on the dash to input my trailer. When I went there it always says “not registered” or something to that effect. I previously looked for videos but couldn’t find any. I need to put in the brake type etc. Any advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Should be under vehicle settings.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    157.9 KB · Views: 31

Sidewinder2

Reaction score
I have the Big Horn 27Z package which gave me handsfree phone/audio, Uconnect5 w/ 8.4” display, trailer light check, trailer reverse steering control, trailer TPMS, trailer brake controller, class 4 hitch, Apple Car Play, Google Android auto, and six months of Sirius Radio. I was looking for the trailer input on the steering wheel settings control buttons.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I have the Big Horn 27Z package which gave me handsfree phone/audio, Uconnect5 w/ 8.4” display, trailer light check, trailer reverse steering control, trailer TPMS, trailer brake controller, class 4 hitch, Apple Car Play, Google Android auto, and six months of Sirius Radio. I was looking for the trailer input on the steering wheel settings control buttons.
If you are looking to setup the trailer brakes you have to do that on the main uconnect display and not the hud. The screenshot I posted earlier was of the 12” uconnect 5, but it should be similar to the 8.4”.

Gain is set using the + or - buttons on the brake controller itself.

Sidewinder2

Reaction score
The controls are definitely not on the center display. I guess I will have to try it again when I put the trailer in storage on Sunday.

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The controls are definitely not on the center display. I guess I will have to try it again when I put the trailer in storage on Sunday.
Weird, I don’t even need my trailer hooked up to change the settings. The pic I posted had no trailer attached.

Sidewinder2

Reaction score
It’s probably because the 27Z option is really only a mini Big Horn Level 1 set up.

fishingmaniac

Reaction score
Do you the brake controller? If so the setup is in the uconnect. Goto settings and look for trailer. If you don't have brake controller you might not have those features.

Users who are viewing this thread