5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can the auto dimming headlight's be added to 2019 Ram

MTRHEAD

Reaction score
Searched the forum but did not find anything. A friend asked me if the auto dimming headlight's feature could be added to a 2019 Ram that is not set up for it. If so what all would be involved. Dealer was not sure. Thanks for any info anyone could provide.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Searched the forum but did not find anything. A friend asked me if the auto dimming headlight's feature could be added to a 2019 Ram that is not set up for it. If so what all would be involved. Dealer was not sure. Thanks for any info anyone could provide.
Probably not, it seems that no delaerships are able to flash updated firmware to enable most features that are not available on the truck to begin with even when the hardware has been added to the vehicle, they will not or cannot modify the software to get it functioning unless it is an authorized Mopar upgrade like remote start or power running boards. There's a thread one here in regards to adding the proximity unlock function to bighorns which is feature only available on Laramie trims and above, end even though the hardware is easily added they cannot get the software enabled for it to function. On trucks with the auto dimming high beams there is a camera module located by the rear view mirror that is used to detect vehicle head lights / tail lights to turn them on and off. Even with this hardware installed it would still have to be enabled likely through the body control module which may or may not be possible.

downsjh

Reaction score
Yes, I believe it can be done. Not sure how to attach a thread using my phone though. The thread is AlphaOBD, the feature is called Smartbeam.

Billet1500 4x4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes, I believe it can be done. Not sure how to attach a thread using my phone though. The thread is AlphaOBD, the feature is called Smartbeam.
Here's the post. I stand corrected. If you add the hardware apparently you can enble it with AlphaOBD as no pass keys are required to make changes to the BCM

Users who are viewing this thread