5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

295/55r20 and -24 offset. It Fits on stock Suspension!

rob989_69

Reaction score
I'm updating this thread for easier searching later. I bought a set of Fuel Mavericks 20x10 -24 that had 295/55/r20 Nitto Ridge Grapplers. They came off of a Chevy Truck. No issues at all with fitment or hub bore. I get a very slight rub on the front mudflaps during sharp turning but VERY slight. I expect if I removed the flaps it'd be fine. But I'm about to get the Bilstein struts installed and I'm positive that will fix it.

Ride is still great. If I had to I'd say maybe just the lightest bit harder due to the E rated tires. It's also slightly louder but nothing like a mud tire obviously. I can also feel the slightest power loss. Nothing dramatic, and maybe it's just placebo knowing how much heavier the tires are. They're also slightly taller. I rarely have MDS kick in now. I've got a Tazer DT coming today to correct for tire size. Hopefully that helps a little with the transmission. No word on gas mileage but I expect a minimal drop. Truck says 14.3 right now. I'll drive for a few days to see what it switches to.

Hope this helps anyone else wondering about swapping from other trucks to ours or tire/wheel size and offset.

Last edited:

ronin68

Reaction score
As the title says. I came across a set of wheels/tires that would be perfect. They're Fuel wheels with the ford/chevy 6 lug pattern. From what I can tell from everything I've found they will work but I just want to make sure.

I sold my OEM 20 inch Ram 1500 wheels to a Chevy truck owner. I had no idea they fit on their trucks. So to answer your question, yes they should fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goatmann

Ram Guru
Reaction score
call a reputable tire rim store in your area, they can look up the dimensions quickly.

rob989_69

Reaction score
Well. They definitely fit. And very happy with the look. 20x10 -24 with 295/55/20 ridge grapplers.

Attachments

• IMG_20200126_143725.jpg
    IMG_20200126_143725.jpg
    186.8 KB · Views: 488

cory1223oh

Reaction score
Same bolt pattern, but I believe most of the OEM chevy wheels have a slightly higher positive offset (sits further in the wheel) than the OEM Ram wheels.

smckelvey89

Reaction score
Looks good! How far do the tires stick out from the fenders? Also do you have any side shots showing that? I’m looking to do the same wheels but I don’t know how far they’ll stick out

rob989_69

Reaction score
Sorry, I haven't forgotten, we got slammed with snow and I dropped my truck off to get my level/lift done. I'll get it back tomorrow and get some pictures for you.

jjmcmanu

Reaction score
Do you know of those tires would fit on stock 20" rims, which I think are 9" wide? Trying to figure out what my tire options are for OEM 20" rims (no lift/level).

THanks-

Users who are viewing this thread