5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can I upgrade from UConnect 4 to Connect 5?

Sanscheese

Reaction score
I am purchasing a 2019 Bighorn and it is equipped with UConnect 4. In trying to determine if I could get Apple Car Play to be wireless I learned UConnect 4 will not function through Bluetooth but UConnect 5 will. Wondering about an upgrade. Anyone?

BNeal

Reaction score
Unfortunately, no. It's all new hardware and different operating system.

piening2150

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Nobody really knows yet. Depends on how U5 is integrated into the truck. Maybe it'll be plug and play, probably not. Without a doubt it will be major $$$$$ (assuming it can be done at all). As BNeal said, it's completely different hardware, not just new software.

If wireless Carplay is all you're after, there is a device that will do that and plugs into one of the USB ports. Search the forum, there's a huge thread on it here somewhere.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes and no. Some have done the swap, but not all functions work properly.

You would be better off buyinf one of the wireless carplay adapters that plugs into your USB slot if having wireless carplay is that big of a desire. And plugging in a cord to your phone when you get in is a hassle.

Users who are viewing this thread