5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can’t get over 105 miles a hour

C.R.S.

Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 5.7 Sport. I got it about 4 months now. When I got the truck I could go as fast as I wanted to in it. Had a bad battery, changed out battery. I think it reset something in the computer because now I am limited to 105 miles an hour. Any suggestions or hidden codes I can do to turn the limiter off?

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I have a 2022 Ram 5.7 Sport. I got it about 4 months now. When I got the truck I could go as fast as I wanted to in it. Had a bad battery, changed out battery. I think it reset something in the computer because now I am limited to 105 miles an hour. Any suggestions or hidden codes I can do to turn the limiter off?
To my knowledge, the only way to overcome the limiter is to get a tune. I’m surprised you were ever able to exceed that speed.
Just saying, you could get a TRX and go 118 without a tune.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I beat you. Mine hits 106 mph.😆

105-106 is max from the factory. My Silverado’s all limited at 100 mph. This is a safety feature to insure speeds don’t exceed the speed rating on the factory tires.

With one of my 4th Gens I tried a programmer and removed the limit. I hit 120 mph and felt like there was more but then suddenly blowing an A/T tire entered my mind and I let off. I don’t suggest trying that. Could be a real bad day.

In my younger days I would have kept going even on bald tires.😲 I’m a little wiser now.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
We all know this didn’t happen “When I got the truck I could go as fast as I wanted to in it.”

I sometimes hit the lower 90’s when passing up two vehicles at one time. Don’t know why he would need to go 105

Jako

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score

105-106 is max from the factory. My Silverado’s all limited at 100 mph. This is a safety feature to insure speeds don’t exceed the speed rating on the factory tires.

With one of my 4th Gens I tried a programmer and removed the limit. I hit 120 mph and felt like there was more but then suddenly blowing an A/T tire entered my mind and I let off. I don’t suggest trying that. Could be a real bad day.

In my younger days I would have kept going even on bald tires.😲 I’m a little wiser now.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Your tires wouldn't blow unless you are driving at sustained speeds above the speed rating of the tire. Meaning, more than just a couple minutes, or a short blast to see how fast you can go

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
To my knowledge, the only way to overcome the limiter is to get a tune. I’m surprised you were ever able to exceed that speed.
Just saying, you could get a TRX and go 118 without a tune.

fun fact tho, my gt has performance page and when i pick it up it most of the performance page was to zero except top speed. this one adjust itself automaticly without activation and the number on it was......... 192 kph thats about 120mph.... i never tryed it, dont know if its a cumputer gimmick but i did reporter it to the owner of where i ordered my ram.... so does the gt model have the same top speed of the trx ? my laramie gt came.with pirelli tires.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
fun fact tho, my gt has performance page and when i pick it up it most of the performance page was to zero except top speed. this one adjust itself automaticly without activation and the number on it was......... 192 kph thats about 120mph.... i never tryed it, dont know if its a cumputer gimmick but i did reporter it to the owner of where i ordered my ram.... so does the gt model have the same top speed of the trx ? my laramie gt came.with pirelli tires.
This has been discussed in another thread, and pretty sure it was determined that the speed indicated was part of a test done by factory before delivery.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This has been discussed in another thread, and pretty sure it was determined that the speed indicated was part of a test done by factory before delivery.
like on some kind of dyno ? or the factory would of actually drove it that fast?
thanks its kind of reassuring to know its not the mecanich nor the vendor guy that did that :)

but does that mean the gt have the same speed limit of the trx?

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it's a goverment thing.
Has nothing to do with safety.

The tires that came OEM on my truck are good for 130mph. The 105-106 limit that was on my truck was pointless. If I hit something going 105, vs 125 i'm still dead.
I have only gone 124MPH in my truck and ran out of road.

1670279984475.jpeg

Eighty

Moderator / Dream Killer
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

The tires that came OEM on my truck are good for 130mph. The 105-106 limit that was on my truck was pointless. If I hit something going 105, vs 125 i'm still dead.

View attachment 145337
Assuming you were correct, how would you explain the 118 limit on the TRX? That’s what the tires are rated for.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score

View attachment 145337
i have to agree with Eighty,

but its probably not just tire related, it probably has to do with brakes and also handling... truck like ares are not design to brake fast and hard at speed like you drove, nor is the handling (aerodinamics etc..) if you would have to avoid something at these speed...

im glad the truck is now speed limited, i did not comment at first assuming you wanted to test on track but you said it yourself....you ran out of road.

crusher

Ram Guru
Reaction score
plus if it was a goverment thing, all vehicle would be limited at the same speed, including exotics sport cars or super cars...

Users who are viewing this thread